Vogue Germany January 2017 : Cameron Russell by Giampaolo Sgura

Would be better for their December issue with all that bling/glitter/gold
But happy to see Cameron Russel :heart:
Curious to see how this looks in HQ

Even though at first sight I found it garish and gaudy I think I'll hold judgment until I see it in person. Something tells me it'll look different in person.

I like it, it's the first time I've seen Cameron with her hair up, and she actually looks great here. And very mature. Apart from the fading masthead, this looks like a winner for me.

Lol I was thinking "ENOUGH WITH THIS MODEL" (seriously, give me even that Hailey girl over this one), but then I opened this.. and oh my :wub:.. yes yes.. the hair, the metallics, the palette, the filter and mood Sgura totally stole from Bolofo. I'm in. Exciting year start.. (and we know for Vogue Germany it only goes downhill from there..).

^ Interesting you say that, because I really don't see her as one of those overexposed models. Especially not on Vogue covers. Don't remember her on many this year. But then I don't follow her career closely, and could have missed many of her work.

I like the cover too, its perfect for the Christmas season, and now their Dec cover makes even more sense hahah.

I hardly recognize Cameron here, but it's a great cover! I love the metallic makeup.

My first reaction was Vogue Paris, great cover although a month too late. And indeed Cameron isn't easily recognizable.

^ Interesting you say that, because I really don't see her as one of those overexposed models. Especially not on Vogue covers. Don't remember her on many this year. But then I don't follow her career closely, and could have missed many of her work.
She is not and has a legit career that goes back to over a decade, I just don't like her face :smile:shock::lol:), it was always a bit pedestrian for me and didn't understand her appeal but I reached 'I never want to see you again' levels when she called herself good-looking (or was it beautiful?) in that ted talk.. calling yourself cute.. never cute. haha

Love it! She's one of my favourite models. She bal;ances high fashion and conventional beauty

She looks so different...Another model with the same name? Cheekbones are different, placement of the eyes...

I like the cover very much.
I still find it hard to believe that it's her.
Is it just the angle that makes her look so different, or is something else going on?

It will be great cover without this awful eye make up.

Love it! But did not think it was her! She looks so young on the cover, almost like Kaia Gerber.

...... but I reached 'I never want to see you again' levels when she called herself good-looking (or was it beautiful?) in that ted talk.. calling yourself cute.. never cute. haha

Hahaha, she did say something along the lines of 'there's more to life than being good looking' or was it 'just because I'm beautiful doesn't mean I don't have insecurities'. I recall finding that a bit eyeroll-inducing, but then somehow I finished her TEDtalk and understood that it came from a good place. Must say that her degree of vanity seems considerably less than the average VS, or any actually, model. So all is well now. :smile:

ARP styles most of Sgura's shoots for VG, so my guess is this was done by her.

Excited to see Cameron in a shoot that has styling more interesting than an H&M ad.

Let's Dance
Models: Cameron Russell & Jon Kortajarena
Photographer: Giampaolo Sgura
Stylist: Christiane Arp
Make-Up: Jessica Nedza
Hair: Franco Gobbi
Nails: Annarel Innocente

Vogue Germany January 2017 Digital Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
Ton Art
Model: Kiki Willems
Photographer: Amy Troost