Vogue Germany July 2016 : Edita Vilkeviciute by Boo George

Srdjan

Reaction score

Wears Chanel.
(vogue.de)

Yeah insane text layout, but still a fresh, and lovely cover. Love Edita (i think she must have quite a few VG covers now?), and its nice to see Boo getting more cover work!

This is so much better than her VE cover. This is stunning. It has a Peter Lindbergh feel to it.

Let's talk about that layout. My goodness. Vogue Germany seriously needs to update their layout & font. Everything about it feels so dated.

It's summery, but I can also imagine Pamela Anderson in that picture, clutching those 'lace curtains' around herself before they come off in subsequent shots. It's cluttered and tacky.

No, this doesn't appeal to me. Looks very tacky indeed. It's the greasy looking hair and smudged make-up.

It seems each month this magazine try to defile their images with as much coverlines possible. It's embarrassing.

I dont like the expression in her eyes and mouth on this cover
But the rest is good (imo)

Funny how Edita keeps getting covers while being completely irrelevant otherwise. It's always the same two editions though (Germany and Spain).

Boring cover.

Funny how Edita keeps getting covers while being completely irrelevant otherwise. It's always the same two editions though (Germany and Spain).

I've thought about this many times. This is not only Edita's case, there are some irrelevant models that keep covering fashion magazines.

I see the gap between what's happening in the industry and fashion magazines bigger than ever. It's just a few models from the catwalks/ads who are getting covers... Very strange. I think editors are wary to use the new models because they think they won't sell. If they give the opportunity to a new one she has to be natural/healthy looking like Anna Ewers.

It's getting very stale. It's the same faces over and over again.

Some years ago, fashion magazines were in tune with what was happening in the industry. If Lara Stone was a thing, she got an entire issue of VP. If it was Sasha, Meisel captured her for VI. I don't think that is happening recently... Magazines just give covers to established models now... Only Rianne, Anna and Mica are getting some (and not many).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so happy to see Edita, she's one of my faves :wub:
There's too much text though.

Boring cover.

I find it a lot more interesting to see an old favorite pop up every now and then than to see Gigi cover yet another magazine this year.

a mixture of both is great though and Gigi has already covered Vogue Germany this year. Although TFS sure loves every new 16 year old to hit the runway.

Not a massive fan, but it's better than her Vogue Spain cover.

I'm torn. On one hand I loathe the heavy eye makeup, the wet hair and the placement of the Chanel dress which makes it look as though Edita's hiding a baby bump. While on the other, I find it painfully hard to criticize one of Vilkeviciute's Vogue covers.

If we read the taglines 'Feel Summer' or 'Beautiful & New' this gives me neither haha. THOUGH I definitely does feel 'Pirate Chic' haha. Edita doesn't look too hot either...

I absolutely love the image but so many useless tags, why?!
If I didn´t know any better I´d say this is an outtake of her Vogue Spain editorial, too bad that both covers were released so close together.

There is something strangely robotic about her expression, I feel like they actually moved one of her eyes, with the result that both seem to stare straight ahead like the painted eyes of a doll... there is no parallax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->