Vogue Germany July/August 2020 by Julia Noni

Sassen's recent images for Louis Vuitton evoked fantasy, with some great colours. This one is a miss.

An unremarkable image, made even more unremarkable by the hideous layout.

An unremarkable image, made even more unremarkable by the hideous layout.

They didn't even bother to pick a better shade of blue!

I like it in a way, mostly the melancholic sentiment.
At least it's clearly aimed at grown ups.

Huh, okay. Can we finally drop all these boring gimmicks now and go back to fashion, please? It's not interesting anymore.

The only one who is happy with this is Hermes.
This is lazy.

I understand the world has been turned upside down, but I can't deal with anymore of these humdrum summer covers. They are so drab and depressing to look at.

If they tried to evoke a better sense of "loneliness" or like, a flower or something pretty in the isolating and brutal desert it would've been a lot better I think

INTIMACY
Photographer:
Chris Colls
Stylist: Nicola Knels
Model: Alexandra Agoston

Vogue Germany Digital Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t love it, but I don’t hate it. I guess maybe because I have recently seen a bit worse. This evokes some emotion for me because of the loneliness of the whole photo. Which is something I’ve never really thought about when I saw past Vogue covers.

The photo of Julia holding the orange could have been a better cover

Thats literally quarantine things

There is much more inside and the issue is pretty good, especially for the COVID era. I must say this might be the first vogue during the pandemic which I enjoy. There is also Alique spread (Like a self portrait, I am surprised she is a woman, I thought alique is man) quite collagy and artsy and Veronica kunz by Claudia Knoepfel shot like a modern hermit in the woods.
The issue is very German vogue with its vibe and it’s quite good here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->