Vogue Germany March 2009 : Toni Garrn by Greg Kadel

I'm not a huge fan of the cover, but it's okay. I like the stlying, and it was quite unexpected to see 'Cowboy Chic'
This looks a good issue, thanks for the review helligirl

I like the cover, I think it's quite intriguing and good to see Toni styled slightly differently and with harsher make-upB)
Toni is one of the most beautiful models around right now and we see how pretty and fresh faced she naturally is, regularly......at least this shows a slightly different side to her.^_^

Every day I can see 70-year old grannys with wrinkled skin, thick, dirty make-up and horrific blowdry hairdo's in the streets looking exactly like this.
Why do this to a teenager? No wonder she looks like she's in pain. :sick:

Oooh, Georgina said in an interview few months ago that she shot the cover for Vogue Germany, looks like it was supposed to be for this issue, but i guess in the end she didnt get it. :(
oh i prefer toni 100 times more than georgina..B)
actually i like the cover! its great :woot:

I'm loving the whole Cowboy Chic vibe for Spring but Toni can't pull it off. She looks ridiculous with all that makeup... and her mouth is just awful. I hate it.

Thank you for posting the cover & review helligirl :flower:

*whew* I thought I was the only one. I laughed in disbelief when I saw the thumbnail and it only got louder once I clicked :unsure:. I need to revisit that VI cover to remind myself of what I saw in this girl...

the styling on the cover shot looks like a bastard of Dior and Ralph Lauren. not the best thing to ever imagine.

the styling on the cover shot looks like a bastard of Dior and Ralph Lauren. not the best thing to ever imagine.
If I'm not wrong she's wearing that outfit from Chanel that also came with the guitar :innocent:

yes it's chanel... i don't like how it looks on this cover - i didn't like it very much on the runway already...

well i didn't mean the exact garments, rather than an aesthetics (if it's right to use this word here).

I was quite excited when I saw the title, I was looking forward to seeing what they'd do with Toni, only to find a cover shot of a frightened and unhappy looking cowgirl.

I know it's supposed to be soulful, but the make-up has tilted her eyes/brows in a way that says 'fear and misery' to me, I wouldn't find a pleasant buying experience. It would be fine as an editorial shot as part of a story, but on the front of a magazine, I prefer a more positive emotional message in the model's face.

In short, I blame the make-up, not the model. If she'd had a slightly less scared face, I'd think her eyes were a lovely blue, the outfit fairly quirky, and overall, a striking cover.

I love the cover and the previews of eds look very great. I love Toni's most.
Thank you, helligirl!

Toni's editorial is fantastic and I'm not being biased. This is the best 2009 issue so far.
Janine's editorial looks great too. It's fifty fifty the shots at the pool and in the garden look so wannabe Steven Klein but the inside ones where she is lying naked on the couch with the glasses or the one with the tongue are fabulous.

Georgina's editorial is boring to me. There is only one good shot with the shower.

Laura's editorial is of course boring and the one wehere you can't see the face is uninteresting to me as well.

A really good issue definitely one of the better German Vogue issues.

Wasn't very impressed by the cover but the editorials look fantastic! The Toni Garrn one looks good, Sharp shapes caught my eye as well as the Miami-revue ed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->