Vogue Germany May 2012 : Guinevere van Seenus Claudia Knoepfel and Stefan Indlekofer

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
Facebook/Vogue Germany

Attachments

• 531389_10151558248700651_356665600650_23652266_1069740155_n.jpg
    531389_10151558248700651_356665600650_23652266_1069740155_n.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 123
by Claudia Knoepfel and Stefan Indlekofer

Guinevere looks great, but I don't like her open mouth.

Wow , she can give such fantastic photos, and they chose this for the cover image? Looks like an outtake for crying out loud! But it is lovely that she is on the cover, i just cant with that styling!

Expected more when I opened the thread :( I don't like how her head looks like it was squeezed between the letters, especially with the masthead being black. Her facial expression isn't very appealing here. I do kind of like the odd placement of the "Lust auf..." text. The necklace and the bag are fabulous, too. It's still a nice cover in spite of those minor flaws but it could have been much better, I guess.

I expected so much from VG but this is a huge let down

The open mouth is a bit amateurish imo especially if it's coupled with her hands on waist. The styling is commendable but the face really made a negative impact on its overall appeal.

^ Good I won't stand alone when I say that I love it too, open mouthed expression and all, love the retro feel of it, the backdrop, the colors, etc, etc. :heart:

i dont like it at all. the shot is quite amateurish, looks like a boring catalogue shot or something. if you wanna see a well-done sit-in-the-water shot, look at kate's vogue paris cover of june 2010.

and i agree with Psylocke , reading Guinevere, which i think is quite an interesting model choice, i expected a lot more when i opened the thread.

Fantastic! The background is lovely! and her pose is fabulous, however, I think her face looks a little bit strange...

Guinevere van Seenus is a one of the best print models out there but this cover is bloody awful on two levels. One it is just a bad image, bad facial expression and amateur-ish looking modeling, overdone styling and that is not the right kind of post for fringe-y garment.

Two, product placement is a fact of life and I expect for the major magazines to rotate Dolce and Gabbana, Louis Vuitton, Gucci and perhaps Chanel. but daaamn at that incongruous handbag with those big *** Cs. I like the pieces individually - the bodysuit, handbag and especially the necklace, but I am just not feeling the overall image.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guinevere is one reliable model but this cover doesn't do her any justice. There surely is something off with the expression and the pose. I haven't thought even one of her pictures is bad so far, but this is it. Unflattering.

Nice cover and Guinevere does look très chic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miumeow
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->