Vogue Germany November 2020 : Raquel Zimmermann by Chris Colls

Both covers are stunning & Raquel looks so natural. Between, still i hate this horrerous font on Vogue Germany.

also, I hope she’s not trying to sell hair conditioner...

If I'm not wrong, but lately it's the only way she's doing shoots: natural hair and no to minimal makeup. I wonder if she went Alicia Keys and requests it that way?

If I'm not wrong, but lately it's the only way she's doing shoots: natural hair and no to minimal makeup. I wonder if she went Alicia Keys and requests it that way?
That would explain why she’s not being booked often, but I respect her for that.

oh really? could be... it’s a shame though but one should respect another ones choices.
the second cover is much better though.

Vogue Germany November 2020

Wie Gemalt

Photographer: Elizaveta Porodina
Set Designer: Hannes Schuller
Stylist: Maximilian Aufschaiter
Hair: Stelli
Makeup: Ischrak Nitschke
Cast: Grace Sharp

Vogue Germany Digital Edition

Vogue Germany November 2020

Kalt Warm

Photographer: Claudia Knoepfel
Stylist: Nicola Knels

'In Balance' wellness supplement cover

Not so keen on the covers but her ed is amazing! Brings back those eds from the 2000s Vogue

Raquel looks bored af with the New Visions.

LOL

It’s a solid issue. Never expected much from this Chris person so can’t say the results are too disappointing… Raquel does bear an uncanny resemblance to a young Franca with that hair… which just confirms how dead this current era of Vogue is without her.

The other stories are surprisingly solid: “Wie Gemalt”, “Kat Warm” and “Cover Up” are rather quietly supreme. It’s too bad they felt the need to shoehorn in the Vogue Japan September story “The Joy Of All Tomorrows” now retitled to “New Twist” in a condensed reprint that feels so last-minute revision to shove in some Black representation— cuz god forbid one issue of Vogue (from Germany of all places LOL) doesn’t have Black representation otherwise the twitter-mob will be out for blood. So thanks Benn for sparing us that reprint.

Seems like Chris colls forgot how to take a decent pictures, I remember his works for vogue Ukraine or LUI in 2017 / 2018 and they were really good. The level of his arrogance grows inversely his photographic skills. Raquel hairdo is just wrong here, styling is quite obvious and basic but it’s good and works for her, but Raquel poses and the choice of pictures is just wry. This bited lips, this pregnant posture, this weird unnecessary tension like she s having troubles with bowel movement, and this picture with ysl latex bodysuit looks like she’s having a huge tummy And super curvy, because of the twist and because the legs are cropped.

I absolutely love ‘Wie Gemalt’! brings me back Vogue Italia gold era vibes... makes me want to buy the issue just because of it.

the main editorial has a few stunning images but it also has some less stunning ones... but I guess we can keep the good ones in our memory ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->