Vogue Germany October 2018 : Anna Ewers by Giampaolo Sgura

Her again?! The casual styling isn't doing her much favors, too basic, too much Elle.

Doesn't even look like a cover! Can't believe Arp would run with this. The styling is bad as can be expected from a Vogue Germany cover, but the art direction and image? It looks like an outtake from The Edit's weekly features.

So it's official? Magazines aren't even trying anymore, this cover ain't worth the paper it's printed on!

A lot of confusing things in one cover. Thank god Anna’s beauty is not one of them...

Where's the glamour? She looks like she just rolled out of bed. Do women aspire to look like ragamuffins? The styling leaves a lot to be desired. I really hate those pants, and the jacket is nothing special. If they were going for a simple cover then they should have combed her hair and put her Fendi.

It looks very appealing to me. Anna looks effortlessly beautiful and the styling suits her so well. I like it a lot. But if it's cover worthy, I'm not sure.

Wow Anna must really sell well for them. She's been on the cover of VG how many times now? Anyways, it's not my favourite cover of hers but she looks great. Can't wait to see the ed.

Love the picture, Anna looks beautiful as always. I don't like Giampaolo's work, but I guess -like Ed. said- the Collier Schorr vibes are the reason that I liked.

Btw, the "Cool & Ease" looks so random. And about the font: really b***h?

^ I think you mean 'I hate that I find fashion terribly boring these days'.

Anna looks fine, her nose looks a little photoshopped but the mediocrity of this cover is not her fault. What can you expect these days, especially from Giamwhola Sgura together with Christiane Arp who might as well have been vaping on set and surfing her Instagram feed whilst her assistant approved all of the final images for print.

I really like this cover though. Or maybe I’m biased towards Anna?

The colour palette of this cover gives it a very 90s feel, with the only thing preventing it from going full throwback being the relaxed and contemporary styling of Anna and her hair. Sleepy colour choice aside, I don't think this cover is bad per se, but it's not memorable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->