Vogue Hellas May 2012 : Valerie van der Graaf by Mara Desipris

tentalicious

Reaction score
by Mara Desipris
54301437403179598091118.jpg

[facebook/Vogue Hellas]

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like it. The hideous dress is way too busy.

What the hell...And Vogue is supposed to be the #1 fashion magazine? Yeah, right.
The head scarf is awful.

This cover really looks nice. I like the Balenciaga piece and the colors. And for some unknown reason, the layout looks good

Very busy and too much with the scarf!

The dress along with the scarf and the text overload work together to make up one big mess. Honestly, I haven't bought this magazine in 7 months and I don't see myself doing it again anytime soon...

it's quite a daring, visually impactful cover. a fresh (model!) choice coupled with dreamy location shoot makes for a wonderful narrative quality that doesn't overshadow the look of the model. and that pose! talk about working it; she strikes an amazing silhouette and shows off the gowns details with aplomb.

by keeping the background in soft focus, the wonderful cut and print of the dress does the talking. even tho there's a lot going on there's also a breezy airiness which keeps the image from feeling too distracting.

the text placement offsets and balances things nicely. that greek lettering which is so beautiful and fluid lends an air of sophistication and subtle visual contrast to the english text. it's the best done VOGUE cover i've seen in a looong while actually!

Comparing to other Hellas Vogues this is really nice! And I'm happy for Valerie, she's beautiful! Reminds me of Natalia V.

i don't think its that bad you guys! plus that's not an overused outfit...usually by this point in the season i'm feeling so fatigued by all the collections because the same 10 outfits are being pushed everywhere.

Despite my first reaction upon seeing the cover here yesterday, when I saw it today on thw newsstand it was much more striking and the color combination of fuschia, white and light blue is strangely appealing. Still for almost 6 euros, I didn't think it warrant the price.

Yes, the girl is pretty but they've put too many stuff on her and next to her (texts)

Photo: Mara Desipris.
Fashion editor: Michael Pandos.
Make up: Freddy Kalobratsos @ freddy.com.
Hair: Stefanos Vassilakis @ D-Tales.
Manicure: Anna Almbanis @ Nyxi-Nyxi Nails Academy.
Model: Valerie, direct booking: Qurius 25 Model Management

Photo: Thanassis Krikis.
Fashion editor: Georgia Pantele.
Make up: Chara Papanikolaou.
Hair: Christos Kallaniotis

voguehellas.gr

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53