Vogue Hommes F/W 2020.21 by Craig McDean & Alasdair McLellan

I don't see Craig McDean's touch nor Ib Kamara's one. Very flat. The background is the eyesore, the crown makes the whole look very costumey. This model does not catch my attention neither.

Wish the sash didn’t say “king” as the crown drives the point home already and the extra text somehow disrupts the simplicity. I love the colors and it’s a dynamic cover, though.

Wow, the first cover was shot by McDean? Doesn't look anything like his work. And then there's the garish backdrop and colours, the styling which makes no sense at all, and the fact that the model doesn't look 'polished' enough for such a massive cover.
As many times as I've seen McLellan's eccentric rich kids in Love and W, I'll take that over the first one.

The first one is lazy at best, flat background, the model looks bored to death, the styling looks sooooooo passé and not on trend, the crown is distracting and the whole layout feels amateur.
The second one does not look like a cover, it's just the same blond/cute male model flavor of the month which will not leave a mark in the industry.

Both covers are boring, not bad, but just emotionless and not exciting. I guess it's better than a 3rd cover with Parker van Noord lol. NEXT !

Vogue Hommes Fall/Winter 2020.21

In the Mood for Romance

Photographer: Craig McDean
Stylist: Ibrahim Kamara
Hair: Eugene Souleimani
Makeup: Peter Phillips
Cast: Sana Diouf, Djibril Sagna, Mahamadou, Djily Kamara, Quentin A, Khallil Touil

Vogue Hommes Digital Edition

In the Mood for Style

Photographer: Alasdair McLellan
Stylist: Max Pearmain
Hair: Anthony Turner
Makeup: Lynsey Alexander
Cast: Valentin Humbroich, Ismail Belgaid

In the Mood for Going Home

Photographer: Brett Lloyd
Stylist: Giovanni Dario Laudicicna
Hair: Louis Ghewy
Makeup: Karin Westerlund
Cast: Felipe Bahamondes, Mario, Sonia Basile, Filippe Bouttice

In the Mood for Distinction

Photographer: Fanny Latour Lambert
Stylist: Roberto Piu
Hair & Makeup: Sergio Villafane
Cast: Michael Wahl

In the Mood for Distinction

Photographer: Fanny Latour Lambert
Stylist: Roberto Piu
Grooming: Sergio Villafane
Cast: Valentin Caron

Last edited:
So the Kamara and Jacob K edits look nearly identical? What a blunder! I doubt whether men interested in looking after themselves or even wannabes read this magazine anyway. There's nothing to take away here. Who even reads it? Fashion insiders and models checking to see who's getting booked? The styling is average for a quarterly magazine. Grooming advice is written like an afterthought.

BLM protests had to happen for magazines like this. They truly are the male VP - I'm sure they'd have thought nothing to give yet another cover to Parker. Indeed they saw it fitting to waste 3 pages for an 'interview' with him which quite frankly is about as interesting as paint drying on a wall.
' My father told me the most important thing in life is to find out who you are' :lol::lol::lol:

I love the running joke about Parker being on every men’s cover Lololol

This is like that one year that gave us Jordan Barrett.

Forgettable content. Blah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->