Vogue Hommes Japan #2 : Viktor Chambon by Hedi Slimane

"Story of an Eastern dandy"
Styling: Nicola Formichetti
Photographer: Mariano Vivanco
Model:Clark Mallon

source / morphoman.blogspot.com

The source said Nicola F styled this ed, which shocked me because is sooooo good imo and kudos to him for taking a different approach from what we ussually see from him

I really don't like the Hedi Slimane editorial, I think it's quite boring.

This issue seems really good minus Hedi's editorial, a waste of editorial space, they should've done a better job, it looks really random, but the other contents looks amazing!!

Any ideas when this will be out in the UK, dying to get my hands on it!! Hope its not still £10, its good but not that good!! :(

that's weird because to me the only interesting editorial is the Hedi Slimane one ...
not saying it's great ... but this is the only one i'm not seeing in every other publications ...
the rest is something i could see elsewhere and that doesn't interest me to see this in V.H. Japan ...

the 1st issue was way better ....

^ actually it does send out this 'Arena Homme Plus meets L'Officiel Hommes' sort of vibe. but can we expect something more with this list of contributors (Nicola, Mariano, Magnus etc.)? i guess this is the destiny of international publications. mostly it's about the good old, good old.

still waiting for it to come out in London, has anyone seen it out there yet?

Jewelery Story - Night Bright
Photography: Takay
Stylist: Shun Watanabe
Model: Shota Matsuda

很大很大, you need to write the source of those images :flower:

Jewelery Story - Night Bright
Photography: Takay
Stylist: Shun Watanabe
Model: Shota Matsuda
***please do not quote images***
***please do not quote images***

source: voguehommes.blogspot.com

Last edited by a moderator:
^with that i meant that I myself considered him to be somewhat independent and his photos were like a part of his personality... and now he's getting major and mainstream... which can eventually get tiresome... but maybe im just talking crap :lol:

No, I think you're saying something I also agree with R-G, what I oringinally liked about Hedi was that he really did his own thing; with him being majorly successful at Dior Homme esp. when he just tornadoed into the scene, it gained him massive popularity, he definitely sparked a trend in Japan, HK, Korea..but I still felt he managed to make himself a bit detactched from it all, and that made me always eager to see what else he would come up with, who/what he would decide to use as his latest photography subject. I was pretty darn excited when I heard he'd be involved with Vogue hommes Japan, but as R-G said, he's now moving into more mainstream stuff, I feel he's lost a bit of the.. hm..'detatched charm' that I really liked in the beginning. But then I'm just an admirier, I'm sure Hedi knows what he's doing.

though the first cover smells "american nationalism" ... it was a nice eye-catch

"BerlinRocks" said:
the second one is imo even tougher ... and i don't get why it smells soo much of 'In US Army I trust'
The flag on his face, his look and the military hair-cut ...
I don't feel confortable in front of this ... but the font colours (baby blue and pink) manage to make it look funny ....

:lol: too right! After the 'teaser' cover R-G posted (thankyou for that!:flower:), the actual one was a bit of a disappointment; for me, the teaser cover demonstrated the definition of power, I love the blunt contrasting black and white without the complicated greys (save for the eagle's feathers ^_^) I would be more tempted to buy the magazine with the eagle on the front, than with if the final cover was on the stands.

Karim Sadli.. mmm me thinks I shall do a bit of searching on MH now..B)

很大很大, I got so excited when I saw it was Shota, so thankyou so so much for posting! :heart:^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->