Vogue Hong Kong January 2021 : Gigi Lai by Wing Shya

She's such a beauty, but gosh they did her so dirty.

The first cover is so bad. The second one is better. Can Leslie Sun takes over this Vogue too?

^They'd rather give someone mediocre like Daniela Paudice more control instead when, I mean, we can already see how she's ruining Vogue Singapore. And the last few issues of Vogue China actually proved that the magazine would be better off without her. That's she's the weak link. This pandemic finally did away with the notion that Asian magazines absolutely must have a Western stylist, photographer, or model on board in order for them to appear prestigious or respected. For about 3/4 months GQ China filled their editorial content only with an All-Asian cast and crew, I imagine not by choice. And yet they're doing fine, better than ever really.
But yes, Leslie Sun would do wonders for this magazine. The bar is already set so low anyway.

Re these covers, both are terrible. Mostly hate the masthead, but it bothers me how makeup doesn't match the hair. And maybe the 'shower hair' look should be left to qualified hair stylists? Who would intentionally want their hair to look limp and lacking body?

Shut it down, they're hopeless.

Oh god this is terrible!

This reminds me of those make-shift Vogue covers you can get when you attend a Vogue event. The Photo Booth covers? Very that.

The drop shadow behind the masthead? The styling? Illegal.

Also, was there a shake up in Vogue Hong Kong's masthead? Peter Wong used to be the Editorial Director right? Now it's Kat Yeung and Peter Wong is just the Culture Editor.

Excuse me?

Both Bulgari and the ghost of Elizabeth Taylor should be filing multiple lawsuits over this trash

Man Vogue Hong Kong has been pretty bad, but this is on another level. Awful.

Atrocious, and simply cannot fathom out how the photographer thought these passport photos were acceptable for the covers of Vogue. An embarrassment, for ALL parties involved.

These covers are a absolute joke, also the highlights behind 'Vogue' are so distracting​

A white on white masthead with a drop shadow. It's so distracting that it actually takes away from the model. The design of the cover should compliment the subject, not take your eye away from them.

the blatant promo for the necklace but seems lost in coordination of turtle neck top and denim?and the color they chose

The styling is giving me “suburban mom in a rush to go to a PTA meeting, she forgot to dry her hair”. Not a good look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJS33
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"