Vogue Hong Kong Summer 2020 : Natalia Vodianova by Luigi & Iango

These look like outtakes from a La Perla campaign by Mert & Marcus.

Vogue Hong Kong constantly surprises me on how they can make something look cheap without even trying. Everything looks amateur - from the styling, hair, and art direction.

There’s definitely something off. The photography is nothing new and exciting. Styling is boring too. I used to love Natalia’s work but nowadays she doesn’t give me that energy :/

The first cover looks great, but the second one looks like the hairstylist (likely Luigi because he's always responsible for the hair!!) tried a classic Veruschka big hair do and failed on the volume.
They really should consider a new moniker for her. Supernova is as stale as her public profile.

Good photoshop and posing, but she looks like an Instathot.

I hate, hate, HATE when all the supermodels are used in their "natural" look. Gisele, Kate, Natalia, Sasha, you know them all, and each time they are doing photoshoot there is ZERO creativity involved. Okay, maybe Kate does something creative once in a year or two, but the rest?

They´re pretty covers, I like them... reminds me of Meisel photoshoots.

I don’t like Natalia. I don’t like this vogue edition

Typical L&I formula, and it’s working as good as for Vogue Brazil this time.

Yeah, she looks nothing like this. I sweat L+I just try to photoshop all these models to what they looked like 15 years ago since they missed out on shooting them then.

A drop shadow is no substitute for a poorly chosen typeface. Lazy graphic designers.

The first and last covers are stellar!! Luigi & Iango and Natalia... what's there not to like? :crush:

Really like the first one, okay with the third and hate the second one (epic fail of the voluminous hair / angle of the picture / title placement... really shameful when you think of her stunning Meisel eds and covers for Vogue Italia and Vogue Russia with that kind of hair in the early days of her career).

Source: fashion-tidbits.blogspot.com, deseased.tumblr.com, voguegraphy.wordpress.com

Capture d’écran 2020-06-01 à 19.56.06.png 8a4e5e0270615d363829671695b4c6a4.jpg natalia-vodianova-by-steven-meisel-vogue-italia-may-2005.jpg

Happy for Natalia but honest to God Luigi and Iango are so boring.
Photographers are supposed to have their style but they take it to the next level because everything is always the same. The hair, make up, excessive photoshop, they are a one trick pony. We could have more glamour these days but change it up a bit, be more creative.

i seem to post this sentiment way too often but - they made her look like a sim character. nobody deserves such treatment! and besides that, the covers look somewhat empty, unfinished, don't you think?

SPOTLIGHT (MQ)
Photographer: Luigi & Iango
Stylist: Anya Ziourova
Hair: Luigi Murenu
Make-Up: Georgi Sandev
Model: Natalia Vodianova

tienphong.vn

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member