Vogue India November 2015 : Shanina Shaik & Shah Rukh Khan by Mazen Abusrour

omg, so tacky...really??

Is this supposed to be the cheap version of Tom Ford's Paris cover with Daphne, considering the title?

Shanina's first Vogue cover, great for her but it looks like a men's cover for like Esquire or GQ.

highly contrasted photo of a fully clothed man showing off an under-dressed woman... is this GQ?

The furniture gets to look the same age he is, but the girl doesn't.

:lol: Yikes, what a burn! What's more, this was approved by a woman.

India never should've gotten a Vogue. By tailoring the content to appeal to their demographic they've deviated so far from the essence of the brand. This could be any other title.

I wouldn't mind the sight of him with a younger woman if it was a witty set-up, or with a sense of romance, like a movie - but this just looks like he's been given a sex robot for a birthday present.

LOOOL

You know, India’s been trying to catch up to the rest of the First-World’s luxury-aesthetic in only a very short amount of time, so I can easily forgive how consistently tacky their fashion publications have been turning out. And, you have to keep in mind their nouveau riche demographic, which heavily favors full-on bling to anything resembling subtlety or subversion.

Still, their Vogue always looks like it was produced by design and fashion students on an extremely generous budget: Inexperienced, blatantly ripping off Western Vogues and GQs and really really tacky.

So needlessly tacky. Happy to see Shanina get a cover since she's so stunning, but the contrasting ages and the wardrobe choices just feel super sleazy.

I do appreciate the fact that Vogue India consistently supports South Asian models though.

Love the colors here but this looks more like a cover shot for a men's magazine, for sure.

Awkward cover but this is gonna sell like hot cakes simply cos it's SRK.

LOL. I didn't expecting something better than this... It's SO tacky :rolleyes:

I love the colors, but she should be solo on the cover.
The super unattractive man adds nothing, but cheese and misogyny.

^^Above Credits
Vogue India November 2015
Photographer: Tibi Clenci
Styling: Arandhana Baruah
Makeup: Bianca Hartkopf
Hair: Josh Wood
Creative direction: Jolie Wernette-Horn

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member