Hair: Eugene Souleiman

Portrait of a Symphony
Photographer: Steven Meisel
Stylist: Brana Wolf
Models: Malgosia Bela, Sunniva Stordhal, Maggie Rizer, Devon Aoki
Make-Up: Pat McGrath

Last edited by a moderator:
This ed is one of my favorite, Meisel in his prime.

Thanks for the ed.:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting all these old Meisel covers and eds. They're fabulous.

Vogue Italia really kept with the times, even then! This cover probably surfaced a few months after Hilary & Jackie, that Jacqueline Du Pré biopic, was released. The moodiness actually reminds me of that film. And I think Vanessa Mae was also hot stuff around the time.

FIXED

Vogue Italia #584
Photographer: Steven Meisel
Stylist: Brana Wolf
Model: Sunniva Stordahl
Make-Up: Pat McGrath

Source: hfgl.proboards.com

Zapping
Ciara Nugent, Barbara, Lisa Ratliffe, Sara Daykin, ?, Jeísa Chiminazzo, Anya Lahiri, Michelle, Ian Wallis, Leo, Stephen, Jimmie, Madaelaine, Carin Cöster, Mebrak Tareke, Kate Orr, Vivien Solari, Rhea Henderson, Dan Charrington by Paolo Roversi

vogue italia archivio

First Suntan
Vivien Solari, Haylynn Cohen, Liisa Winkler by Miles Aldridge
(not sure about the models)**

vogue italia archivio

# 12 Vanessa Greca,Carmen Hawk
# 14 Vanessa Greca,Colette Pechekhonova
# 15 yes,Vivien,Haylynn

Thank you for these, guys.

Pure visual euphoria and high concept fashion OD: The color-palette, the compositions, concepts, layout, styling and heavenly casting of Portrait Of A Symphony is simply… :swoonworthy:.. 20 years later, all these edits from a single non-important month issue is still more potent than the Sept/March issues of every single Vogue in 2019 :sigh: And you just know that the lessers at Czech Vogue and Vogue Poland are flipping through these issues to rip off...

I still remember seeing this issue on the stand— I mean, how can I forget with such a stunner shot, and how much I was drawn to it for resembling a Degas painting (so refreshing for a HF bible to stick to a classic styling for the main story, at a time when classical musicians were cringe-stically dragged up in faux-punky pollution to hustle them as rockstars to the masses LOL). Didn’t pick it up since early spring was that time of the year when I would gorge and hoard the newest, freshest and shiniest biannual fashion bibles. Like some L’UOMO issues, this issue was one of those that I’ve regretted to have not snatched up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->