Vogue Italia April 2020 : A Blank Canvas by Ferdinando Verderi

It’s funny, I came up with the whole vogue Italia April 2020 concept once I was going from the kitchen to the bedroom like few weeks ago. How much it took me? 15 seconds, they done whole issue sitting on the can. like seriously guys you’re this bottom with ideas? Now I see I-d for instance who made safe and sound project with 19 models I-d wink imaginary covers by Willy vanderperre during video call. They all dressed in white t-shirt and it looks much fresher but i-d is smart enough to do not pull this diy on the printed cover, this is just funny project for web and insta for poping up like two days...
Introducing a special project by Willy Vanderperre and Alastair McKimm: Safe + Sound

I think of the Vogues mostly as escapism, so, how to;
Acknowledge the current reality without being exploitative.
Provide escapism without being dismissive.
Not an easy balance to achieve.
But as others have pointed out, doing a print issue and trying to ship and deliver seems careless.
Where I am we still get daily mail in the post, so may be different for subscribers. That doesn't take into account anyone in the printing and distribution centers.
Maybe do a digital only release now and print out the issue and ship months later when all this crisis abates.

I have no words for it. Maybe the cover story is several pages of pure color,like red, yellow, green......

FAR AWAY SO CLOSE
Contributors:
Gigi Hadid, Lindsey Wixson-Young, Tyler Mitchell, Willy Vanderperre & Olivier Rizzo, Ryan McGinley, Talia Chetrit, Roe Ethridge, Brianna Capozzi, Drew Vickers, Andrea Artemisio, Gray Sorrenti, Cyndia Harvey, Suzanne Koller, Collier Schorr, Jack Davison, Paolo Roversi, Francesca Cisani, Isamaya Ffrench, Marcus Piggott, Mert Alas, Oliver Hadlee Pearch, Emilie Kareh & Thomas De Kluyver, Michael Bailey-Gates, Steven Klein & Patti Wilson, Sebastian Faena, Glen Luchford, Joe McKenna, Max Pearmain, Laura Nash & Tyrone Lebon, David Sims, Harley Weir, Marie Chaix, Stephanie Waknine, Paolo Ventura, Petra Collins, Josh Olins, Haley Wollens, Ibrahim Kamara, Christopher Simmonds & Larissa Hofmann, Carlos Nazario, Ezra Petronio, Mica Argañaraz, Arnaud Lajeunie, Brianna Capozzi & Haley Wollens with Bella Hadid & Charlotte Wales

Vogue Italia Digital Edition

the only images I find remotely interesting are Bella´s...

Thanks for sharing, Zorka :smile:

Can someone explain what is Hitler's mask doing in here? Did I miss something?

Can someone explain what is Hitler's mask doing in here? Did I miss something?

is it Hitler? the glasses and moustache are different... I assumed it was a self portrait but I don´t know who the contributor is.

There´s also an editorial of just fashion sketches and it´s a lot more interesting and beautiful than the main editorial :lol:

jOhtsMTg_t.jpg

VOI, NOI, INSIEME
Designers/Artists:
Maria Grazia Chiuri, Miuccia Prada, Domenico Dolce & Stefano Gabbana, Michael Kors, Daniel Roseberry, Alessandro Dell'Acqua, Paul Andrew, Jeremy Scott, Stella McCartney, Donatella Versace, Francesco Risso, Alessandro Michele & Pierpaolo Piccioli

Reactions: KoV
IL VESTITO E LA RIVOLUZIONE
Artist:
Sam J. Miller

UNA NOTTE A CAPRI
Artist:
Christopher Bollen

So the digital issue comes with 216 pages, and the usual amount of ads. Here is the foldout cover:

I've not looked at the past two issues of VI, but it seems the front section is getting increasingly longer with more written content. Also noted that other than the below archival image of Madonna which is in aid of promoting the VI Digital Archive that's free right now, all the other archival shots are from Farneti's tenure. I know the decision was probably made with the reader's visual experience in mind, meaning the magazine as a whole feel more cohesive which is great for those who enjoy this his aesthetic, but the rest of us who don't will become even more put off because there's not much variety. Basically, the magazine is now as uniform as Alt's VP used to be before their recent shakeup. Also, I can't help shaking the thought that he's maybe just being petty....

Here is the edit with drawings as mentioned above (with credits), I'm assuming an exclusive for VI - is Maria seriously trying to recreate Galliano's epic Marie Antoinette collection with her contribution here? Laughable.

UNA SIRENA A MANHATTAN
Artist:
Lila Azam Zanganeh

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back