Vogue Italia April 2021 : The Many Friends Issue

So incoherent and everything seems like an advertorial...at least David Sims got to do some bonding with his son, and some business.

Demi’s picture is cute, Stella Jones one is horrible (mostly because of that MAS inspired styling - who would’ve thought???), Natalia looks like one of those reality show housewives and that Mary Katrantzou dress that looked so stunning in the ad, here feels unfitting... Selena and Binx is also cute but for me that trinity of models with Malika, Akway and Skarla is amazing and it’s the one I’ll try to get - it’s been a while I don’t buy Vogue Italia.

NOW, this Farneti/ Kim Jones identity brotherhood idea is one of the worse pairings I’ve heard of, as bad as Miuccia and Raf.

Awful like always. At least Meisel gave us some real fashion, beautiful models and colour for April. And then you have these on the other hand. What a difference five years or so make...Dazed Media and Jefferson Hack should simply open an Italian Dazed, Farneti constantly looks like he's auditioning for them.

And the cherry on the cake is David Sims' offspring styling a VI cover when he probably hasn't sat his (now non) A Levels. Bear in mind that Brana Wolf and Lori Goldstein don't style anymore and Karl T is almost a Zara exclusive these days. Choices!

i am surprised to say that i like this editorial and the cover seems the most ok out of all.

However this art direction is just

original.jpg

weheartit

The editorial is really nice, the covers are fugly.

And the cherry on the cake is David Sims' offspring styling a VI cover when he probably hasn't sat his (now non) A Levels. Bear in mind that Brana Wolf and Lori Goldstein don't style anymore and Karl T is almost a Zara exclusive these days. Choices!

check what Lori Goldstein is up to nowadays.
Logo by Lori Goldstein
gosh, how come that A-rated stylist and fashion consultant with a portfolio to kill for turned into a British granny with flower boho dresses from flea market. Guess its dementia

This girl Malika is going to be a star! She is the only one who doesn't get devoured by the hideous background and actually stands out. What a fresh breath of air she is in a world where workhorses take 20 years to get a Vogue Paris cover and socialite wives who never even tried get 85 Vogue covers.

Preview on Demi. Maybe there is not gonna be 6th cover after all.

Vogue Italia, April 2021

Demi + Kim

Photography: Brett Lloyd
Styling: Alister Mackie
Hair: Eamonn Hughes
Makeup: Peter Philips
Cast: Demi Moore

Vogue Italia Digital Edition

Vogue Italia, April 2021

BFF

Photography: David Sims
Styling: Kip Sims
Hair: Syd Hayes
Makeup: Lucia Pieroni
Model: Stella Jones

Vogue Italia, April 2021

Like Family

Photography: Paolo Roversi
Styling: Ibrahim Kamara
Hair: Yann Turchi
Makeup: Marie Duhart
Models: Natalia Vodianova, Freek Iven, Takfari Nes B

Vogue Italia, April 2021

Alone Together

Photography: Miranda Barnes
Styling: Carlos Nazario
Hair: Mustafa
Makeup: Susie Sobol
Models: Binx Walton, Selena Forrest

Vogue Italia, April 2021

Amanda, Georgia and Jackie

Photography: Jackie Nickerson
Styling: Amanda Harlech
Hair: Soichi
Makeup: Laura Dominique
Model: Georgia Palmer

Vogue Italia, April 2021

Photography: Malick Bodian
Styling: Ellie Grace Cumming
Hair: Yann Turchi
Makeup: Vanessa Bellini
Models: Malika Louback, Amar Akway, Skarla Ali

Vogue Italia, April 2021

Peter and Kim

Photography: Peter Philips
Styling: Kim Jones
Hair: Joseph Pujalte
Makeup: Peter Philips
Models: Anna Herrera, Jean Meyer, Woosang, Ajok Madel, Sacha Dahdouh, Clea Beuret

Vogue Italia Digital

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->