Vogue Italia April 2022 : Vittoria Ceretti by Rafael Pavarotti

I thought we might get an editorial that continued the cover shot, that sense of being a mannequin in a store that's a relic from decades ago, with some great effects and interesting angles to be had from the mirrored and metallic surfaces. And also the idea that you often see them half-dressed.

It started me thinking of an old Dolce & Gabbana Cruise campaign from 2007 where the concept was Hilary Rhoda and Julia Stegner as models in the store windows. Completely different in mood, but along the same lines of posing as a mannequin.

The cover story reminds of the golden years on VI by the Franca's helm, it's a decent editorial.

@Zorka thank you so much for posting :flower:

I absolutely LOVE the editorial and I’m so happy that they chose Vittoria to front it.
it’s like they dressed up Maria from Lang’s ‘Metropolis’ and she looks stunning.
the Loewe shot is perfection.

Admittedly a decent shot.

But it’s not metallic paint. She’s just oiled up, and in post, they just applied the B&W blend mode layer in PS. That’s why it looks off— looks flat, since the process desaturates all undertones out of the image. I’d like to give them the benefit of the doubt that it’s a liberate, stylized Dada-esque aesthetic, rather than just laziness and inexperience. But that they’ve been using this lazy man’s cheap trick for i-D with the multi-colour faces seems to say otherwise.

She’s definitely painted silver, I don’t see how you could think otherwise ha.

Ok, I gotta admit, this is amazing. So many stunning pictures.
I have never been a fan of Vitto, I'd have preferred another model, but still, this is wonderful.

I feel like this would have worked better with a model with very strong features like Adut or Lyndsey Wixson, Vittoria is a good model but her features were swallowed here. Interesting concept though

A two models story, her and Adut, and it would have been more longer. I wish it was like that. Still, amazing. There's no sing that this was the Farneti/Verderi Vogue. This is Franca. I'm happy for Vittoria. All her VI covers, even the ones from the infamous period of this magazine, are great.

... This is Franca...

This feels more like wannabe Franca. And definitely not something that would feel 2022 to me. Personally I am not impressed, and don't feel this artistic expression many of you might see here.

A breath of fresh air! I'm so happy, this is definitively a improvement.

I mean, there's no sign of their previous team here, but it's quite good. I can see it. It could be a Solve story under Franca, not the main editorial by Meisel, but still.

Flicking through this online, these editions are now so riddled with reprints, that I can't recall where I first saw the images, or whether it was this month or last month, or whether an editorial might actually be new, but it looks like every other low-effort shoot that now passes for Vogue content, so maybe it's not...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"