Vogue Italia August 2010 : Kristen McMenamy by Steven Meisel

its a good ocver, but i would have really liked to see a new model get a cover

her body looks too stiff for the photo to feel serene (at least to me).. although it's understandable since she's lying on rocks.

I agree. I think the uncomfortable expression on her face, and the messiness of the hair really fits in with the Gulf of Mexico theme. I'm really interested to see what the rest of the editorial will look like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, please alert the tFS Nerd Squad (There are dozens of us! Dozens!)

But the first thing I thought about when I saw this was Lord of the Rings and Galadriel, she almost looks like a modern version of that with her super long hair and otherworldly presence.
The cover looks totally Middle Earth!

While put off at the title, the cover is so astonishingly beautiful! :woot:

Can not wait to see the Gulf of Mexico spread! :heart:

It is definitely a powerful image.

P.S.
Reading that it was inspired by the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico was a bit of a letdown since I have not been too impressed by Meisel's issue oriented editorials of late, but I am keeping an open mind and am looking forward to seeing more.

Also, please alert the tFS Nerd Squad (There are dozens of us! Dozens!)

But the first thing I thought about when I saw this was Lord of the Rings and Galadriel, she almost looks like a modern version of that with her super long hair and otherworldly presence.

OMG GALADRIEL! it's totally her! :heart:
also, the cover is so lord of the rings...i need to see the movies again :D

Very beautiful and fairy tale like. Wonder where it was shot? Looks like Iceland or somewhere similar?

I wonder the same and when was it shot.
Beautiful cover, it leaves me speechless, I can't wait to see the full ed.

I will never understand any complaints about Kristen, she's such a great model - I remember her saying in an interview she wants to make every shot look iconic and that's certainly the case here.

So glad to see her resurgence of work continuing.

Washed up mermaid holding her breath....what a vision.

WOW that's the third consecutive 90's supermodel on the cover of VI... and I have no words... Kristen does her magic! Amazing!

S T U N N I N G.

Vogue Italia was definitely stuck into a rut up until this point, so even the prospect of a McMenamy cover wasn't that exiting on paper but I adore this. Karl styled the RL dress to perfection...it looks completely different. I just love the whole mysterious, fantasy element of the cover.

I love her so much. :heart:
So glad to see her grace the cover of VI once again.
It was such a pleasant surprise to find out today that she was on the cover.
3 supermodels on the cover of VI back-to-back. :mohawk:

Meisel and VI deliver AGAIN! Kristen has yet to ever disappoint me. Call it 'landmark', 'iconic', 'epic'...it is what it is!

i really really don't like it. maybe would be better if she was facing me.

I'm awestruck, to be completely frank :o Visually it's spellbinding, but knowing what's the inspiration behind that covershot makes it thought-provoking, intriguing. On a side note, seeing that helps me pinpoint what I've been missing in the last issues of Vogue Italia - especially coming to the covers - namely something evocative and worthy of analysis.

Don't agree with the model choice, but Steven and Karl make a pretty good team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SailorMoon1993
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->