Vogue Italia August 2017 : Lara Stone by Harley Weir

It doesn't even look/feel like VI. This is so weak...
If you're going to ''refresh'' the mag and go for a different direction, at least do it better. What's the point of changing, when it's for the worse? :huh:
I can't at the inconsistency of this magazine. Mess.

The editorial is even worse... it looks like they got tired of photoshopping Kate Moss... and decided to go with Lara... she's totally giving Kate's faces... and the shots where u can't even see the face are just whatever...

It's not a bad cover and editorial but it doesn't belong to Vogue Italia. I feel like this magazine has been losing its identity over the last few years and this is another example of it. Giving the new photographers the opportunity to shoot the cover is great but where is the art direction giving a direction to them on how to shoot?

I love Lara but i feel like certain models don't have that much to offer anymore.

She used to offer something special, but these days, I feel she's more like those actresses that you know are good-looking, but somehow their print work always misses the mark.

Agree with the above re Lara

Congratulations to Harley Weir, but it seems her very best work (and a handful of amazing covers) has always been with Pop

I personally love the Harley Weir photographs, the only thing that bothers me I how they've placed the texts on the cover. Everything just looks out of place.

My goodness what a hideous foldout.

Having said that, I agree with Apple as to the editorial.

It's not bad, but it's not Vogue Italia.

That foldout is painfully unnecessary.

instagram.com/vogueitalia

The more I see it, the more I like the close up shot... But the text placement is horrible. What were they trying to do?

The cover is such a grower, love Harley's color palette and the spontaneity of it all. But I agree that the art direction makes it look more Dazed than VI and that's bothering me quite a lot.

Here Comes The Sun by Harley Weir

Vogue Italia Digital Edition

Regole Le DELL’ ATTRAZIONE by François Nars

Styling by Patti Wilson
Make-up by James Kaliardos
Hair by Shon

Italian Panorama

Fashion Editor: Vittoria Cerciello

Cont...

15 photographers' names on the last page.

Last edited by a moderator:
California by Hedi Slimane

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->