Vogue Italia August 2021 : Mona Tougaard by Colin Dodgson

GiddyHomelyAtlasmoth-size_restricted.gif

gyfcat

Can't say that I love this even though it's far from their worst. It's giving me more of a preview than a finished cover. I'll give them a pass for this one, but I have no doubt that the conents will be all over the place like usual.

It's nothing tragic, just those things they put in the logo that are totally unnecessary. They are sinning by excess!

It seems like this edition doesn't know the word simplicity.
It could have been a good cover if they ditched their messy textured layout.
It's also badly zoomed out.

I feel bad for Mona for having two consecutive BAD
Vogue covers.

It's not a great cover shot when you visually echo the drainpipe more than the mural.

I can´t believe it but I love it, specially the layout :heart::lol:
it doesn´t get more Naples than a Maradona mural :mohawk:

Simplicity? It seems some users have no idea what Naples is about and this issue is devoted to this southern city and it's culture. And simplicity has nothing to do with it - it should be all about the mess in this case. It seems that some comments are based on pure aesthetic judgments without any knowledge of the context that should be taken in consideration. Let it be messy this time!

The contents look decent enough. At least it's follow the theme.

Simplicity? It seems some users have no idea what Naples is about and this issue is devoted to this southern city and it's culture. And simplicity has nothing to do with it - it should be all about the mess in this case. It seems that some comments are based on pure aesthetic judgments without any knowledge of the context that should be taken in consideration. Let it be messy this time!

I apologize for that. I didn't know Naples's aesthetic is metallic foil.

The contents look decent enough. At least it's follow the theme.

The cover editorial looks promising! :heart:

I feel like she could be closer up, but I mean its not terrible. Pretty normal as low as the standard for Vogue Italia is.

Last edited:
Editorial looks like something worth watch, love font but photo isn't the best for cover.

Ick, totally thoughtless after all Italy has suffered in the past year as one of the hardest-hit countries by the pandemic, to now put one of fashion's most prominent Covid-deniers and anti vaxxers on the cover. Takes away any meaning from their pandemic issue last year when now they're celebrating a woman who has thinks 128,000 Italians wouldn't be dead if they just ate a natural vegan diet.

Pleased to see Maradona on the cover of Italian Vogue, if only that girl who looks like anyone moved a bit to the left, we'd have a good cover..

The story looks like something attempting to be conceptual via POP circa 2016, or.. a Marni collection in 2021.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->