Vogue Italia December 2009 : Christy, Gisele, Kasia, Lara & Natalia by Steven Meisel

i m recalling jan 2007 editorial about myspace. thats something between amateurish webcam shots and party photos...

I mean Meisel's answer about the twitter phenomenon.
:smile:
After you said that I start to like this more.. reminds me that video thing with multiple girls some year ago. I wish that will be twitter!

It's good to mock twitter but it can be presented in a better way

This is definitely Twitter related. But who cares about twitter, this is VOGUE ITALIA !
I hate the cover, what a hell is that !

Is it a cover really? and Christy Turlington ???

Oh god, is that really the cover?!? I don't think it looks good. I mean, yeah, it's Meisel's answer to the twitter phenomenon but hey, he could have come up with a better concept for that. And besides, you got some AMAZING models on the cover and yet this is what they got for? In other words, I'm a 'bit disappointed by the cover. :( (I think this is the first time that I got disappointed over a VI cover) But this cover reminds me somehow of their January 2007 issue with Sasha P. on the cover.

PS: Is that really Kasia??!!?? She looks like Lindsay Ellingson to me. :D

I really like the cover for three reasons: (1) for the conceit of being like twitpic, (2) because it's causing a confused reaction, and (3) that's a lot of fit women for one editorial, and the names chosen seem to represent different eras or movements in modelling - an old-style supermodel, a Brazilian, a Russian, the sensational Ms Stone, and a newer model. It's a nice collection of faces for the last cover of this decade.

I'm sure someone out there could mount a counter-argument about how the youngest model is well-established, but whoever it is, they haven't made any inroads in my world yet, and I'm betting they aren't a bold-type name in newspaper columns, like the rest of them are. To me, they're the fresh face.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really know where to start. Admittedly I do not like it visually. It just generally looks a bit crappy. I know that's the point, but in his last internet editorial in 2007 he made the cover much more streamlined and glamorous than the edit itself. And it still worked.

I can imagine the editorials gonna be great though, and what a cast! I find it a little odd that he's included Kasia in there with Christy, Lara, Natalia, Gisele - but really great for her! And I've just now realised that this is her third VI cover, no? That means she's kinda entered into Meisel's inner circle (Meghan, Sasha, Coco all have three or over.) I have to say I find that quite surprising - he's always used her, but never seems to idolize her like he does his other favourites. But again, good for Kasia. She's one of the most hard-working models out there, and Lord knows she deserves it!:P

And Lara really steals this cover for me. She's jammed up there in the corner, but her eyes:ninja:

christy, Kasia & natalia look beautiful but is this really serious? looks like a fans montage

Also, looking at the image again I think it's Christy's pic that ruins it for me. It doesn't really look like a twitter photo, and frankly it's just not as good as the others, which all (quite hilariously) accurately mimic the taking-a-casual-photo-of-yourself style, especially Lara's. Christy's just looks a bit random, and dare I say it cheap(er than the rest of them.) Which is weird - cos it's Christy.

This is definitely Twitter related. But who cares about twitter, this is VOGUE ITALIA !
I hate the cover, what a hell is that !

Ikr, its worse than Karl and his damn Ipods. I don't really see how you can make a whole editorial out of "twitpics", but this is the last straw for me with Lara, It's just too much.

Yeah, this just wont cut it for me! Its forced and trying way way to hard, it is epic to see Christy back to Meisel for VI, that is all i can bring myself to like about this cover. Maybe the ed will be better.

I think this is Kasia's first VI cover. Not sure though. And yes, hopefully the editorials would make up for this issue. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->