Vogue Italia December 2017 : The Celebration Issue by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Love all three covers. The Vogue Italia vibes are back!

Yeah, this is the VI that's been missing the last few years. Love all the covers.

Natalia and Irina's covers are boring and unnecessary. The group cover should've been the solo star. Yes it's heavily Meisel but the excursion is perfect, fantastic cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like Natalia’s cover, the one with the group is an abomination.

The first and third are very reminiscent of Terry Richardson and the second reminds my of Meisel's work.

But I really do like all three.

The second one is really a pastiche of Meisel's VI covers... I don't like it at all.
But I love the first one :heart:

I love Irina's cover! It looks so spontaneous but still suitable for a magazine cover!

I desperately want to like this, but I cannot. It's the silly layout and the way they're posing with food as if it's props, lol. The one with Irina is executed the worst. One would think she's got a stole over her shoulder instead.

At least M&M are back to their glossy self, but this is a cheap move to throw a a few stan favourites around for likes.

Will await the rest of the covers....

I feel like it's 2003 again, and not in a good way.

love all the covers, so exciting, especially the girls cover !

Thank god no Natasha, but the rest of the model choices is awful as well, except Anja.

And why Mert & Marcus? It's suddenly so clear to me why they've lost so many clients. Their work has become so wannabe.

Yup this is fun, but i would have appreciated a male mode, or two, in one of the covers!

Hmmm... this reminds me of Kate Moss’ Vogue Paris Anniversary Issue cover. Wasn’t she sitting on a dining table as well? However the party in Kate’s cover was over.

The second cover is disconnected with the rest so far. Are they supposed to be the servers? What is it.

The layout is tragic. Who in their remind mind would think that that is Vogue worthy? Come on

The first cover is M&M doing M&M.
The second cover is M&M trying to do Meisel.
The third cover is M&M trying to do Testino.

They should maybe stick to do their own thing.

It's interesting to see this VI december issue next to the new UK Vogue January issue...They are both shot by the same people and they are not indicative at all of any or other Vogue. No identity or what so ever...

At least, at VP and US Vogue, they are able to be "on brand".

Hmmm... this reminds me of Kate Moss’ Vogue Paris Anniversary Issue cover. Wasn’t she sitting on a dining table as well? However the party in Kate’s cover was over.

In so many ways.

I actually really like the covers! So much more life and atmosphere to them than the November cover. Can't get over how superimposed that sandwich looks in Jamie's hand though :lol:

So first cover by Miles Aldridge, second by Meisel and third by Testino... Why so many photographers, why so many covers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"