Vogue Italia December 2017 : The Celebration Issue by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Re the group shot, I didn´t think this VI had it in them to release such a good cover. The layout is terrible though...

Issue after issue, cover after cover, I've become more and more tired with Vogue Italia over recent months. These are dreadful, do absolutely nothing for me and find these themed issues laughable at this point. Anything and everything to sell an issue nowadays!

They should only used the second cover. It's the best. Very Vogue Italia.

The remaining two looks like some leftovers from Vogue Paris bijoux editorial. They used that kind of edits many times, so it's nothing new to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cat McNeil is pushed all the way in the back and still serving it better than Joan, Anja, and Jaime in front of her. She's the saving grace of that cover, but once again why does that concept seem so disconnected from the other two?

Happy for Cat, Anja and Irina. Now I want Natasha for VI and Karlie/Raquel for VP (I'll be good Santa :angel:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bad but not outstanding. These have the usual M&M vibes to them.

Irina and Nat's look like something from Terry Richardson and the second one, looks like the poor version's of Meisel. Love the Natalia one tho.

These covers are so desperate. Even if you have these well established models (Except for Irina cause she is not, okay?) but the theme that you are going for is tedious, you will end up producing a more tedious result. But what I do not get is the fact that it has been themed issues since the new EIC took over. What's the point? Let me guess, the next issue is going to be "The After Party Issue"? Jesus Christ.

Does it look like this

arpartner.com

This is depressing. Mert & Marcus have been copying other photographers' work to much lately but they never get it right. They lost it. Should get Testino or Meisel for this instead.

Trying to shoot popular covers but not quite achieving it.

THE CELEBRATION ISSUE
Photographer: Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
Stylist: Patti Wilson
Hair: Odile Gilbert assisted by Fanny Fraslin, Sandrine Garcia & Yann Deschaud
Make-Up: Lisa Eldridge
Models: Joan Smalls, Aube Jolicoeur, Bella Hadid, Luka Isaac, Taylor Hill, Natasha Poly, Kennah Lau, Kennah Lau, Anja Rubik, Lily Aldridge, Lea T, Mariacarla Boscono, Binx Walton, Anna Ewers, Cat McNeil, Jamie Bochert, Sara
Sampaio, Irina Shayk, Noah Brown & Issa Lish

Vogue Italia Digital Edition

irina's cover is terrible.

the editorial is the definition of 'seen before' and some photos are just... unnecessary in this day and age

as usual, i'm terribly unimpressed

Cont.

Cont.

This is nearly sacrilegious but I love it. The girls pulled it off!

THREE TOMATOES WALKING DOWN THE STREET
Photographer: Andrea Artemisio
Stylist: Vittoria Cerciello
Hair: Ramona Eschbach
Make-Up: Adrien Pinault
Model: Amber Witcomb

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member