Vogue Italia February 2009 : Pixie Geldof by Steven Meisel

Discussion in 'Vintage Magazines' started by Manuva, Feb 9, 2009.

1. vavavinny

vavavinny Active Member

VI has been on a slow but steady descent. Back in 2007 they were on top of their game, especially with the iconic rehab issue. It seems in 2008, the fashion was overshadowed by the artsy, daring photographs. The only issues I bought were the black models issue and the eerie funeral issue with Linda. Now, they are only confirming my beliefs that VP is a MUCH better magazine. They don't follow trends there, they set them.

2. Party.in.Paris

Party.in.Paris New Member

That's a good sum up.

I'd like to see Vogue Italy doing the same with its own 'look on fashion' and its own 'touch'.
    I hope Franca will hear our prayers !

3. vavavinny

vavavinny Active Member

^They should be, but they're too focused on the next thing and not the now, which doesn't sound that bad, but it is. It seems over at VI they have totally lost the fashion aspect of the magazine. They're too concerned with new models, it-girls, and shocking spreads.

4. Luxx

Luxx oh me, oh my

Perhaps I'm the only one but I'm glad that Meisel does this because it keeps us on our toes. You never know who to expect on the cover of Vogue Italia and that's simply not the case with the other big Vogues. There is always this excitement - 9 out of 10 times it's a model on the cover but every so often there is an it girl or actress of his choosing. I don't think this is a surprsie - he shot her for Pringle so it makes perfect sense to me.

Perhaps it helps though that I really don't know who the hell Pixie Geldof is. Maybe this would annoy me more if I had to be inundated with news about her the way I assume those living in the UK must be. Personally she's just another plain party girl, I don't have any issue with her being on the cover given that similar girls have made it to VI before. Meisel loves celebrity - this strikes me as no different from say the Nicole Richie cover.

5. Gaultier_Bandit

Gaultier_Bandit Active Member

I dont care about Pixie being on the cover.....but it is a BORING and BLAND cover.......They could have put (your favorite model) on there and it still would have been boring....Do not blame it on Pixie. :woot:

6. vavavinny

vavavinny Active Member

Pixie's face looks great, but the lettering and background are quite dull and do not match the atmosphere set by her hair and makeup.

7. kahlilg

kahlilg teenage dream.

i don't know much about her but i know she doesn't look good on this cover.

8. ckgirlbr

ckgirlbr goodbye kiss

she's a rockstar's daughter. I believe she's famous in UK>

9. vavavinny

vavavinny Active Member

She's the daughter of Bob Geldof and Paula Yates, and the sister of the bat-sh*t crazy Peaches.

10. masquerade

masquerade God Save McQueen

I just don't get the point of it girls who do nothing.

With models, you get the clean slate, the image taking precedent over the personality. With celebrities, you get the personality front and center but at least they are working and doing something in which to promote. They may have baggage from their personality, but they at least work.

With these girls, you get the baggage without any actual work. You only have the personality and nothing to promote. I just doesn't make me want to buy a magazine, it doesn't make me want to be a fan. But they obviously have fans so maybe its just me.

Either way, I am not loving this.

11. a.t.

a.t. ✎...

who is she!? meisel :hardhead:

12. Bahiyya

Bahiyya Active Member

I have no idea who this girl is. Tried google most of what came up was about her older sister. So I went to the trusty Daily Mail and, apparently, she's known for drinking and partying. Hooray?

13. blackangel41999

blackangel41999 Active Member

14. MaddieS.

MaddieS. Member

ehhh, not my favorite. Pixie just looks dirty. I agree, she does look like they are trying to make her look like Agyness sort of. I hope to see more models.

15. shewar

shewar New Member

Oh yuck! I won't be buying this issue. Vogue Italia and Vogue Paris are my two favorite mags, I can't believe Vogue Italia would put her on the cover. Sub-par work on Meisel's part too, the cover looks horrible. Not flattering.

16. shewar

shewar New Member

I agree completely! "It girls" bore me to death. They're most often famous for being rich and reckless, and I could just care less. They are the last people I wish to see on the cover of a mag.

17. matheus_s

matheus_s Well-Known Member

/OMG who is she? What's wrong with her?
    I'm a little bit confusing...

18. parkereloise

parkereloise Active Member

this is just really upsetting because we waited so long for it. i mean the march issues of like so many other magazines are already out... and plus pixie is disturbing.

19. Bespoke Style

Bespoke Style New Member

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: so true... who is she??

shes just one of those kids with a famous dad

20. matheus_s

matheus_s Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol: I can't believe!