Vogue Italia February 2009 : Pixie Geldof by Steven Meisel

Discussion in 'Vintage Magazines' started by Manuva, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Mchunu

Mchunu New Member

oh, i hate the cover :(
    Steven, oh steven..i never hate your covers :shock: :(

2. Lackuiew

Lackuiew Active Member

her arms made me sick

3. Starry

Starry Well-Known Member

When I saw the title I was like "You're finally there", then I saw the name I was like "Who the he** is she?".:lol: I've never known her before then I googled her and now still I don't fell anything for her.
    This is truly a big SURPRISE for us!

4. TREVOFASHIONISTO

TREVOFASHIONISTO Well-Known Member

horrible..all this wait for this
    better hav some good eds

5. wednesdays child

wednesdays child New Member

I kinda like the way that Meisel just does whatever the hell he feels like..and why? ...because he CAN.. hehe...

6. wolfy

wolfy New Member

I have to disagree with some previous posts. Meisel creates fashion trends, I think.
    I'm not as unhappy about the cover as some people are. Its not like its hideous :unsure:
    and she is a fashion icon, despite any questionable taste
    whether she is a role model or not.... well... i am concerned with the glamorization of a lifestyle like hers
    do people in Italy know of her? :rofl:
    I think its fairly nice and springy. and she looks decent. I thought she was Mariacarla at first :lol:

7. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

It looks awful, its just a bad cover period.If she looked good as in the Pringle ad i would be fine with her on the cover, but this is unflattering and "on the budget" looking, something we dont usually get from Meisel & VI.

#87 Miss Dalloway, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited by moderator Lika: Feb 9, 2009
  8. enVogue

enVogue New Member

The cover looks ok but I'm not a fan of it

9. xsavagex

xsavagex New Member

Not as bad as i would of expected from her but its not the best...

10. surrealseven

surrealseven Active Member

I have to agree on this one, it guess it's just another celebrity cover by Meisel

11. Karen0193

Karen0193 Active Member

I cannot believe I waited for so loong for this... I was like WTF is this!? Pixie?? :shock::shock: I really thought it was some tabloid from the UK
    and for the ones asking she is a british It girl... I would rather seing Alice Dellal here instead of Pixie and plus the cover is soo boring and its not even Pixie's best shoot! I cannot beleive this.

#91 Karen0193, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited by moderator springflower1: Feb 10, 2009
  12. lady stardust

lady stardust New Member

i wanna see it bigger, but i like this cover so far...
    pixie got beautiful eyes and shes so much better looking than a lot of celebs imho.

13. Kanna

Kanna ...

I haven't heard about her so it never attracts me. The cover itself is not bad, though.
    Hope the eds are good.

14. RomanXII

RomanXII New Member

I thought her name was Peaches, or is that someone else???

15. BerlinRocks

BerlinRocks New Member

^that's her sister ...

i've read someone said it was a statement and that V.I. makes trends .... ?!? i don't know what this means as this is not the 1st time we see one of these girls .... Meisel already did it with Nicole Richie, Testino did it with Paris Hilton for V.P. and Jalouse - since Eymère's come from L'Officiel to rule Jalouse - is making it almost every months ......
    I'm not there to state who did it 1st or not ... As it's certainly not V.I., V.P nor even Jalouse ....

Pixie is a choice for the cover as it seems she's not the only girl in the editorial ... And do we know if it's not a fold-out cover ? .... The problem is that this thing with Young It Girls/Boys is not 'avant-garde' anylonger .... This is just mainstream !!! Hedi Slimane is loving the "Sons of ..." (see Prada Menswear, D&C recent editorial with Nick Cave's son ....), Meisel likes them, too, for longer ....
    But once again, we have to wait until we see the editorial statement, the concept behind it. So Young, So Cool ?! pretty lame as title and statement ... Nothing fresh ! I'm sorry .... Unless Meisel shot them in a interesting story and with an interesting fashion editor (Enninful ? Templer ? Wilson ? M.A. Sauvé ?)

What is supposed to underline ?! I think it's supposed to mean that our future is in young people's hands mainly ... to me .... (see D&C recent Young Issue etc.) and not anymore in celeb' role-models.
    My problem is not really this statement. My problem is the choice of Pixie .... Or maybe I just don't know too much about her life (which is true) therefore I cannot understand why she is interesting ....

And beyond everything, I'm sorry but this shot is depressing and bad .... ***EDIT***

#95 BerlinRocks, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited by moderator julyandluvy: Feb 10, 2009
  16. MissMagAddict

MissMagAddict The future is stupid

Pixie is wearing Blumarine on the cover & there's a 14 page editorial w/her & bff Daisy Lowe.

17. *ana*

*ana* old-fashioned

ugh seriously. it's not only because it's this girl i've never heard of - different from paris hilton, for example, who is known by many people in different countries, so when people look at her on a vogue cover they get it's some kind of statement (and in VP's case it's even a pun) - but it's also the styling, the pose, the text (awful!), everything looks bad.

18. Dark Noire

Dark Noire Member

i'm upset, all the waiting for this!!! :(

19. iluvjeisa

iluvjeisa clever ain't wise

I like this cover...not great, but it's nice. Pixie is one of the cutest of the celeb brood....though maybe Georgia May Jagger would have been better ;)

20. irulan

irulan Plain Ol' Beautiful

So young, so cool? A dozen girls come to mind who are cooler than Pixie Geldof...they should have added 'so useless' on the cover.
    My definition of cool includes some brain, some common sense and some actual talents that make you a stand-out - and no, money doesn't count as a talent.
    This could have been a very cool model cover, I think. There are so many girls out there who have a wonderful personality, talent and wit. And if they want a party-girl at VI, what about Miss Stone, whose every backstage picture does include a cigarette or beer?
    But, no, Mr Meisel prefers his models to be bland and uninteresting.
    So, what's this, the 'young, cool and useless' issue? Then it's definitely not for me.