Vogue Italia February 2010 : Agyness, Daphne & Jamie by Steven Meisel

^ I agree! Compared to his works before. His works years ago were magical... every shot will leave you breathless and speechless. Now, it will just make you yawn and switch to the next page

It's a bad cover. However for the first time in a while I don't blame Meisel. I like the concept for the cover. I think the models and the stylist are to blame for why this cover isn't up to par. I can imagine for Jamie, Daphne, and Agyness that this was a difficult shoot. You have three women with three very different senses of style and personalities. As the cover says, they truly are individuals. Therefore the challenge for them to try to be themselves but still look like they belong with the two women besides them is very hard. Meisel counted on these women to really come to together and work magic with one another, but they failed him.

Then there's the styling. I think the tradition of using Blumarine is where the stylist met their down fall. Although I'm not a fan of Jamie, I do think she looks the best out of the three, and I feel she is the only one who could pull off any look from this collection. This collection just doesn't suit Daphne at all. And for Agyness, her modeling has always had a touch of "fun" and youthfulness, so to place her in an outfit from a collection that screams those emotions makes Agyness seem over the top, slightly silly, and gimmicky.

My last critique for this cover is the font. There was no need to chop up the words "individuals". It could have sat on one line.

The inside editorial however looks decent, so I have a little bit of faith for this issue of Vogue Italia.

As much as I'm still a bit biased when it comes to the execution, the casting for the concept of the Individuals is great. I'm so happy Jamie is here!

Have loved Jamie Bochert ever since that A&E Documentary "Models: The Real Skinny." Watch it, if you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im gonna end my subscription. vogue italia is boring me to death lately

I don't mind the cover so far...definitely looking forward to seeing the contents of this issue. Sometimes reading through these magazine threads is a bit jarring...so many complaints and so many people that know the right way to have done things:ninja:

^could not agree more. I guess that's just the nature of tFS sometimes; unfortunately, it takes the fun out of everything. Sometimes i just wanna shout "Just enjoy the magazine!"

at least it was shot in a studio and it seems to be more cohesive. can't believe i'm saying this but I loved agyness' shots. can't wait to see more!

Wow I'm in the minority here but I LOVE it. Aggy and Daphne are amazing together never would have pictured that working but it does and Jamie is really growing on me. I cant wait for another Daphne ed just hopefully it wont be photoshoped beyond recognition as always happens to her.

The cover is so wrong on so many levels! The composition is awkward, the make-up and styling is off, the models look like they're just posing for test shots. And why Daphne Guiness? The whole thing just looks like a piece of college student work which is pulling in a C- from me.

I'm assuming this is part of the content...

qnsayp.jpg
s6n6h0.jpg

models.com/

^I like what I'm seeing. Seriously, can someone review this hot mess?

I like Daphne's editorial... something new on her legs...

cant wait for the eds and meisel is likeng aggy again for her individuality and style... this look will make her rock 2010

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->