Vogue Italia February 2018 : Gisele Bündchen by Jamie Hawkesworth

MDNA

Reaction score

weibo.com/u/1705737562 (@C-Oli)

This is probably the first new Vogue Italia cover I liked. Gisele is so iconic.

The queen is back! Sunday is my favorite day of the week ^_^

It's a beautiful and unguarded shot at face value. Jamie did a great job for his first Vogue cover.
Unfortunately it doesn't look anything like Gisele, the angle reminds me of her Porter debut cover, and a hoodie? Really, VI? This is a fashion magazine!

Nice to see Jamie shot the cover for VI.

This cover somehow reminds me of the cover of Vogue Italia November 1999 issue though...

I love Gisele and the image is lovely, but I'm just not feeling this new Vogue Italia.
This is too basic, lazy and boring for a Vogue cover.

Leave the fact that it doesn't look like a fashion magazine cover aside, looks very cozy comfy, i like it.
Anytime I'm ready to spend a whole day indoors with Gisele:smile:

Nice to see Jamie shot the cover for VI.

This cover somehow reminds me of the cover of Vogue Italia November 1999 issue though...

Lisa Taylor, yes! That was a Persona rip off :flower:

Oh, I really like it. The simplicity works and Gisele looks flawless.

I hope the editorial is just as laid back and simplicity as the cover.

How many VI covers does Gisele have now?

I see Gisele; I click the thread. First VI cover I actually love in a loooong time. :wub:

the issue of all the big vogue titles: laziness, whether it's working or not, the cover just seems they don't even wanna try anymore.

but always nice to see Gisele, we need really supers

I.
LOVE.
THIS.

Not even because there's anything uniquely exceptional about the photograph. But just because it's soooo lovely to see a photographer do something different with Gisele. She's obviously a legend in the industry, but I do feel like in more recent years she's often shot in a similar manner and so her versatility is underrated.

I just love how fresh-faced and youthful and casual this is. I love the quirky pose with her finger in the hole of the shirt. I love her playful expression.

There's zero "Glamazon Gisele" in this. It's just refreshing and nice! Jamie Hawkesworth is reallllyyy taking off in the past year. It's great to witness!

Excited for the editorial :smile:

If this was for i-D or some indie magazines, it would make sense to me.

love it! looks like her early, late 90s work, circa ralph lauren days but not as.. unique, she would have to move on from the surfer hair+skin and she’s had that for almost 20 years now.. and she’s always had the best close-ups, unlike most models that get somehow conceptual or cant-touch-this, she exudes warmth the closer you get. :heart:

This is so utterly boring... with any other model this would have been given hot criticism... there’s simply nothing special about it... I don’t understand why are ppl so all over the moon...

It think it’s an honour excellent cover. Except for the pointing finger.

I also love this, but probably because it's Gisele. Very fresh faced and an unexpected cover for her since she has been going for the glamazon look for years indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acctforstylethings
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"