Vogue Italia February 2019 : Kendall Jenner by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Boring cover, her pose is so exaggerated. Sad than came the day that VI got the cover to Kendull, but the times change.

Last edited:
I wonder if she sells. I mean we know by now that High Fashion And Kardashian is not the success we expect and Kendall in particular has that way of attracting bad publicity around her.

I don’t hate this cover...

Polemic, but remember that Franca (sorry) was close to Kim K. and put her on the cover of L'UOMO. Meisel was the one that avoid these girls. She is a beautiful girl. I don't like her diva attitude, but she's doing better in terms of print. I don't know what to think about this cover. I always like M&M VI covers. Isn't a tragic one. I like the pink filter here.

Her hands look huge and draggish, but I don't hate her or this cover.
A straight beauty shot would have probably been perfect. She's not a natural actress in terms of conveying mood through body language. On a side note, VI is so random now. I never know what or who to expect on their covers now. Anything goes now, the good and the bad.

I’m not going to let who is on the cover effect my opinion even if I’m not a fan of Kendall. I actually quite like this cover, it’s something different from Kendall and she’s serving a bit of attitude which I love. She seems to work best with M&M.

Deserving or not, I can’t deny that the cover is lovely and something new in my opinion.

I'm not hating on Kendall just to be hating on Kendall, but, that is comically bad!
If I'm not mistaken, I think Isabella Rossellini once said being a model is like being a silent movie actor. You have to convey emotion and atmosphere and mood without saying a word.
I guess she's trying to emote, but I don't know what exactly?

Horrible, and not just because it’s Kendull.

This cover isn't that terrible you're saying. Of course, is not a masterpiece and not what you expect from Vogue Italia. This magazine is in transition, trying to find a new path. This is what people should understand. IMHO, the real problem is that the editor-in-chief hasn't a strong vision and attitude for fashion and isn't giving a real direction to the magazine.

I think the concept is interesting and hope the editorial is better than this first cover. Probably they have done multicovers. Again...

Last edited:
I don't dislike the result, but Kendall definitely doesn't deserve to be on this cover. Not because she's not a "real model", just because of her attitude. I can't believe she has managed to go so far as to score a Vogue Italia cover

Is it a terrible photo? Nope! I like it. Its intriguing, and very dramatic.

Does it have the Vogue Italia identity? No.

Does it fit Farnetti’s Vogue Italia? No.

Is the layout terrible? Absolutely.

Until this day, I can’t believe how Condé Nast is allowing this man to ruin this magazine.

I wonder how International sales are.

And can Mert & Marcus STOP with the shadow filter!? Without the excessive saturation and color, they’ve proved themselves to be a basic bunch of photographers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSGTog
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->