Vogue Italia January 2021 : The Animal Issue

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by MDNA, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Flamingjune

Flamingjune Member

SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. THD96

THD96 Well-Known Member

Imagine this picture was chosen to be the cover instead. CHOICES. Sigh. This picture along is one of the best picture of January magazines already. Carlijn single hand saving this issue. Anja editorial looks like Ratatouille gone wrong. Henji Shin edit is decent but it's look like a Pop magazine leftover. Lotta and Johnny electric chairs. Poor model, imagine booking a Vogue Italia editorial and they made you crawling with the dogs, like are you for real? I hope they paid her well because this pictures will haunted her for the rest of her career.

So EF is capable of produce something beautiful and high fashion but he is blinded by all the pretentiousness, and his crews are definitely not helping him.

I will get this because I love Carlijn edit, and I love the Black Mambas Unit. But the covers still bad.

bluestar and jorgepalomo like this.
  3. Toni Ahlgren

Toni Ahlgren Well-Known Member

Well she shows much more expression than Kendall.

4. HFBvrg

HFBvrg Well-Known Member

Vogue_Italia_-_Gennaio_2021v.jpg Vogue_Italia_-_Gennaio_2021v2.jpg
    Vogue_Italia_-_Gennaio_2021v3.jpg Vogue_Italia_-_Gennaio_2021v4.jpg Vogue_Italia_-_Gennaio_2021v5.jpg
    Vogue_Italia_-_Gennaio_2021v6.jpg Vogue_Italia_-_Gennaio_2021v7.jpg Vogue_Italia_-_Gennaio_2021v8.jpg

Vogue Italia digital edition

Xone likes this.
  5. HFBvrg

HFBvrg Well-Known Member

Guardian Angels (someone's really talented at playing with Play-Doh btw)
    Photographer: Pieter Hugo
    Stylist: Raphael Hirsch
    Models: The Black Mambas

Vogue_Italia_-_Gennaio_2021tbm.jpg Vogue_Italia_-_Gennaio_2021tmb2.jpg Vogue_Italia_-_Gennaio_2021tbm3.jpg Vogue_Italia_-_Gennaio_2021tbm5.jpg Vogue_Italia_-_Gennaio_2021tmb4.jpg Vogue_Italia_-_Gennaio_2021tbm7.jpg Vogue_Italia_-_Gennaio_2021tbm9.jpg Vogue_Italia_-_Gennaio_2021tbm6.jpg Vogue_Italia_-_Gennaio_2021tbm8.jpg Vogue_Italia_-_Gennaio_2021tbm10.jpg
    Vogue Italia digital edition

Razjel likes this.
  6. kasper!

kasper! Well-Known Member

If you are gonna cast some dogs for a fashion editorial...please check some Master's work like Chris Von Wangenheim.....:doh:

7. aracic

aracic Moderator

Nigel Shafran's work makes me sick to my stomach, and unfortunately so does this magazine. What a load of rubbish...

Embarrassing lows for Conde Nast. Utterly embarrassing!

GivenchyAddict likes this.
  8. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

If they'd come out with something like a special issue of DOGUE magazine, it would still have been insufferable, but sticking with domestic pets wouldn't have supported the manipulation of species which are best left alone by human beings.

"Animals do not exist for our purpose, nor as a function of what we would like them to be." Except when they exist as props to support the sales figures of a fashion magazine.

9. lucy92

lucy92 Mod Squad Team Leader

I like the ranger editorial. I've often daydreamed about being a ranger like this myself protecting mountain gorillas. Dream job.

These women are heroes and put themself in mortal danger everyday removing snares from poachers and tracking the poachers. These poachers are often armed with machine guns.

HFBvrg likes this.
  10. Stallonation

Stallonation Member

is this really Vogue Italia or ANTM photos with animal challenge that we're looking at?

I agree the beauty shot may be more proper for the cover

RedSmokeRise likes this.
  11. Xone

Xone Well-Known Member

it’s a good concept in theory if u want to talk about the relationship or domination instead of human and animals but sooooo poorly executed....the impact this whole issue was a completely miss opportunity because more important than really tell a story or caught the attention of a current problem, they went to the pretentious side of this....

Really so lame...i still think Ferdinando needs to go, more than Farneti. Because who else comes with this ideas? There is a Fashion amd market director but i don’t think she is involve more than the clothes...Alessia Glaviano? She is focus on nee talents and i think she is a little pretentious too...and the rest of the team doesn’t count. And what makes me angrier is the way they talk on their posts like the are saving the world!!!!

So all the animal organizations are putting a complain against this magazine? For their hipocrisy on portaying this subject?

Ok i let everything go out, now i’m gonna eat a macarron..

HFBvrg likes this.
  12. ivano

ivano Well-Known Member

CN fired Carine for less and Franca almost got fired for her best issues. Crazy.

#152 ivano, Jan 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  13. HelaFav5

HelaFav5 Member

You are absolutely right! The current VI is to put any social issues in the magazine to make a lame editorial, while the previous VI was to create hotspots and arouse people's reflection on a broader media platform. The creator of the trend is now reduced to a follower of the trend.

Benn98 likes this.
  14. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

I thought it was bad then I saw RATS!:blink:

aracic likes this.
  15. marsnoop2

marsnoop2 Well-Known Member

This is one of the worst things I've ever seen. It's honestly baffling how something like this even saw the light of day.

bluestar and GivenchyAddict like this.
  16. burbuja8910

burbuja8910 Well-Known Member

I think it's a pretty issue to start this year, between, i don't get it why Farnetti insists to dedicate a special issue of every month on VI, on that way, he never can manage a bunch of amazing fashion stories to overtake the Franca's cycle on this magazine.

Nice than Anja photographed her own editorial, but when a i see the rats, produces me a morbid fear.

crmsnsnwflks likes this.
  17. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Whose gonna start the change.org petition? Lol jk.

The only person who could have saved Vogue Italia’s identity and perhaps lifted it to levels unthinkable is Edward Enninful. A missed opportunity.

18. fakeawake

fakeawake Active Member

nauseating. truly.

19. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

I am only able to echo everyone's sentiments as to how utterly embarrassing this all is - especially for what was once considered the most prestigious and forward-thinking fashion magazine in the world. The covers are a total non-event, and the only shoot I can remotely tolerate is Anja Rubik's.

Xone, ivano, bluestar and 1 other person like this.
  20. bluestar

bluestar Well-Known Member

Hahahaha I didn't even notice the model in that one collage running on all four's with the dogs until I read your post and went back. WTH :lol: