Vogue Italia July 2018 : Kaia Gerber by Craig McDean

She looks like she's 10.

Remember when Vogue Italia was the bold edition of Vogue, so commercial now.

The underage model ban is actually across the board, not just for US Vogue. I'm not surprised Italy didn't even regard it, many others have done so in the past which is sickening considering at which stage we are in society. But I'm sure none of that matters to Cindy, who appears to be living vicariously through her daughter.

I think this cover was an attempt to showcase her personality. Obviously it failed because it's not even cheesy or corny. It's just lazy and fake because she doesn't have much of a personality. A bit of a blunder for McDean, sadly..

Last edited by a moderator:
People are harsh here!:unsure: I quite like her, a fan since I watch her catwalk for opening Alexander Wang.:magic:

Great, another overrated child on the cover of Vogue. But where other models her age tend to look older, she looks about 10 years old.

Hopefully the editorial will feature other models so it's not a complete waste of McDean's talent.

That's a really good cover. I wish the styling and make-up didn't make her look so young.

I knew a cover of Vogue Italia was coming for Kaia , but I was wishing so hard that Meisel would shot it..

The pose looks so contrived. Normally the July issue of VI is my favourite but looking at this compared to the last two years (with Grace and Vittoria) it's a massive letdown.

This cover feels like it's trying so hard to be Meisel-like, but Craig's greatest strength is that he never usually tries to mimic anyone else's style. Kaia probably did well with the aesthetic they wanted, but ultimately if they were insistent on using her they could've gone with a stronger direction that also does her justice.

^I thought Steven Meisel had shot the cover the moment I saw it too! Very Meisel-esque indeed and I'm not complaining. A gleeful Kaia Gerber is certainly a welcomed sight following those dreadful and depressing Willy Vanderperre covers last month. A thumbs up from me!

STOP shoving her down our throats! She might blossom into a good model, but as of now I have no interest!!

Who are they trying to appeal to with this silly cover?!!

That is legit awful. She's great on the catwalk but she really needs to up her print game.

People are harsh here!:unsure: I quite like her, a fan since I watch her catwalk for opening Alexander Wang.:magic:

Same :flower:

Might not her best cover, but when she had a shoot with I-D magazine so many people were saying what she's too edgy/lifeless, so here you go: she smiles and it's also bad?! :doh:

Poor girl, this is so bad and it's not even her fault...

VI is dead. This is ridiculous. I just can't take them serious anymore.

I'm sure the ed will have some lovely shots from her, that would have made better covers. But the fact they went for this one is just beyond me.

I don't have a problem with Kaia being on the cover. She might a good model in some years. Although I wish it would be another model no matter what age, less known.

I find this ban extreme. They could actually say they wouldn't accept having a 16 year old without having an adult who would be there to defend minor interests.

We have a lot of models who are great and start at 16 years old...

But Kaia here is being treat as a celeb from what I read here... Even the title says it!

it's sad to see her cover is a little girl of 16 years

I like the colours but they made her look like a baby here. All the same she's my favourite among all the celeb kid models.

I was expecting a Steven Meisel special. His first VI cover turns 30 this month... So unexpected to see her (maybe because that Conde Nast statement). She is not that bad. Love to see her in the Chanel shows. In this cover she looks younger than that Meisel portrait of 2015 in the age issue. But it's not the first time that VI put younger people on its cover. Gigi's first cover was quite fun and youthful. The only thing I dislike it's the title, the font and the name of the model and photographer on every single cover. Franca used to put just one word or a short sentence on the cover, just like 'Independent', 'Power', 'Original', etc. To be fair, she started this trend under her last year, with the non-Meisel issues.

I don't hate this cover but I was also hoping for a Kaia-Meisel-VI. Meisel is still probably the only photographer who could bring a model out of his subject. Looking forward to see the contents of the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->