Vogue Italia July 2018 : Kaia Gerber by Craig McDean

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by vogue28, Jul 1, 2018.

1. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

At some point, I would like to see Meisel's interpretation of Kaia. Considering he was never part of Cindy's image-making machine, you'd hope he'd see her as something more than her mini-me. Or have some damn good take on the look.

2. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

I absolutely don't hate the idea of Kaia on a cover, nor do I think this is her fault, but the cover is very juvenile and gives me nothing. I think Meisel really brings out her beauty and I hope we see that combo for Vogue UK, because this.. no.

3. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

He did shoot her for British Vogue, I believe it was her who was actually slated for the cover and not the Hadids. It was roundabout the time when the underage ban came into effect, plus Meisel for starters hardly ever shoot edits without covers.

4. fierrousa

fierrousa Member

Love Kaia ! Shes is Supermodel material. Love the pic, but not for VI.
    Meisel and M&M capture her joyfull and glamour essence.
    I hate the styling here ... So beige , so insipid.
    McDean is not a good choice for cover stories neither at VI or V UK.

5. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

This is Vogue Italia, not Gap Kids. It’s not appropriate for this title. It should be radical,and forward thinking. This cover is comical and hideous. They “styling” is mess. That hat, really?! Then Shes wearing a beige blouse and a boring scarf. Come on.... Kaia can tak a lot of styling. They missed the mark on this one. Without Meisel this magazine has lost all its credibility and prestige.

#45 GivenchyHomme, Jul 2, 2018
    Last edited by moderator Jill69: Jul 2, 2018
  6. Nomar

Nomar Well-Known Member

This looks ridiculous.

7. Vitamine W

Vitamine W Well-Known Member

She looks like she's going to hunt for truffles with her favourite pig in the forest. This is one of the dumbest covers I have ever seen from VI. And I don't even mind Kaia. She can burn up her career as fast as she likes for what I care.

8. youarearockstar

youarearockstar utterly superfluous

This is such a slippery slope relative to Conde Nast's age limits. Other than being the daughter of Cindy, there is no 'celebrity' element to her yet - so what does she have to discuss in an interview, outside of modeling primarily and her family lineage, that makes her a "celebrity" by their definition? Is nepotism alone enough to warrant that distinction?

If the idea of the age limit is to better protect the interests of underage talents/performers in this business, then treating her as an exception to the rule does nothing to actually reinforce the importance of that policy, or better serve the next generation of underage talent.

9. EstefaniaAbaddon

EstefaniaAbaddon Well-Known Member

This is probably the second worst VI cover I've seen in recent years. This is terrible. Stop with the teen covers. Just stop. Let them develop. This is lifeless, forced, kitsch, bland.

And as always with this magazine since the new "direction", I bet the editorials inside will be much better than the main editorial.

10. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

She looks like that Stranger Things Millie girl … Is that what they’re going for?

11. lewak

lewak Active Member

I see where you're coming from artemovartum..... It is a bit of a copy of that Pop cover by Charlotte Wales.

But it looks more like a Love cover. Really annoying :wacko:

12. Xone

Xone Well-Known Member

i like her, i think she is a model in developing because you can see good work from her and other meh, she is young and giving her the celebrity status may not help her....i like the oliver twist look but there is the fashion element missing....it could be better instead to look her so polish,maybe more dirty, make her go into the character....for vogue spain it would be amazing cover but no for VI

13. IndigoHomme

IndigoHomme Well-Known Member

Anyone else is seeing a young Julia Roberts, or just me? :unsure:

14. ErnstLudwig

ErnstLudwig Member

Goal: Audrey Hepburn signature pose
    Result: miserable failure

15. angel222

angel222 Active Member

Here eyes are almost crossed too close together. You can even see it in her side profiles that her eyes are too close together.

16. Srdjan

Srdjan Well-Known Member

I don't think Kaia herself is happy with the outcome either. If you compare her captions when she posted her VP and I-D covers and now, you'll spot a subtle difference. :)

17. squilliam

squilliam Member

With that fake excited look, I think they've been hunting for something a little stronger than truffles...

18. Plax

Plax Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Vogue Italia July 2018
    Remixed Reality
    Photographer: Craig McDean
    Styling: Benjamin Bruno
    Hair: Malcolm Edwards
    Make Up: Lisa Butler
    Model: Christine Sofie, Debra Shaw, Jamily Wernke Meurer, Kaia Gerber, Matilde S, Meghan Collison, Sara Grace Wallerstedt, Rodrigue Durard, Sarah Fraser, Sohyun Jung, Sophia Koella, Tillmann Meister, Zoe Spink

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Vogue.it

19. Plax

Plax Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Vogue.it

20. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

Where's Kaia in that editorial? LOL.

I can't connect the cover with the editorial. The edit is good. McDean at his best.

So you got a TERRIFIC picture of Debra Shaw and you give the cover to the silliest picture of Kaia Gerber? Literally a crime.