Vogue Italia July/August 2020 : Binx Walton by Ethan James Green

Finally than Farnetti has a good cover of this year & after to see the photo, i through was a advertisement of Benetton paid homage to Oliviero Toscani. The previews are ok & it seems than EJG copy the Meisel's work with the grey background.

I like the cover, that was my favorite outfit from Vuitton's last show, the layout is disgusting but I can ignore it. Binx looks so damn stiff in the editorial though, like a wooden doll. Pretty but empty.

Meghan is so chic but I'd prefer if she didn't smile that makes it very Nordstrom catalogue and her teeth are SO big. At least we got to see some fall clothes, which is already a gift from these pretentious magazine.

Gotta hand it to Farneti on this, because it's the best Vogue Italia cover in months. Finally something which feels worthy of a purchase (in spite of the April issue being now considered a collectors piece).

Ethan James Green is a brilliant photographer who has been impressing me to no end lately but I can genuinely say that I'd like this all the same had it even be shot by Steven Meisel (the cover image itself reminding me of Meisel's Max Mara campaign for Fall 2019). The heart illustration and the use of the Louis Vuitton outfit doesn't even bother me. A resounding thumbs up from me!

I really appreciate Meghan's modeling here. It's so 60s Peggy Moffitt and I love it!

Models just don't know anything these days. They don't have the references.

Their idea of high fashion posing is like...what they pick up from from RuPaul's Drag Race. So shallow. So stupid looking.

Meghan should know better, but Meisel is not here to guide, so I don't trust anyone anymore to pull off anything.

the cover is in perfect Farneti style (a disaster) the main editorial is good, very Meisel Demarchelier, but Vogue has lost its identity as well as Vogue UK and also Vogue US for a couple of years, today in Notting Hill, I was browsing in a book shop a 2006 Vogue Italia, there were editorials by Meisel Lindbergh Tim Walker Steven Klein Mario Sorrenti, that was Vogue Italia !!!!

^ Even other magazines were doing the best. I still flip some old Numéro issues and the quality is still higher than what they do today.

"The Comedy and the Tragedy"

(Maison Valentino special)

Photography and styling: Mariacarla Boscono
Model: Mariacarla Boscono @ Women Management
Creative direction: Ferdinando Verderi
Illustrations: Andrea Rossi

Previews

vogue.it

It all looks like Meisel rip-offs. Even down to the boring BW images he's doing nowadays.

More Previews:
Fun, Fun, Fun
Photographer: Arnaud Lajeunie
Styling: Ursina Gysi
Models: Mia B., Nina F., Iman, Nyouma

4Cq9pWGz_o.jpg

Whatever Makes You Happy
Photographer: Sebastian Faena
Styling: Patti Wilson
Models: Missy Ryder, Sasha Pivovarova, Alek Wek

xtKss5xB_o.jpg

Beautiful
Photographer: Campbell Addy
Styling: Raphael Hirsch
Models: Enam, Mthuthuzeli, Naeem, Kai, Akuac, Eman, Momo, Caren, Precious, Sakeema

UWXiHClV_o.jpg

Onwards And Upwards
Photographer: Ethan James Green
Styling: Carlos Nazario
Models: Precious Lee, Binx Walton, Meghan Collison

8pOblfn3_o.jpg

vogue.it

This should've been a multi-cover issue, but no, we'll do 27 covers of children's drawings and skip giving covers to Precious Lee and Meghan Collison next month.

"Onwards & Upwards"
Models: Binx Walton, Meghan Collison & Precious Lee
Photographer: Ethan James Green
Stylist: Carlos Nazario
Hair: Jimmy Paul
Makeup: Diane Kendal
Manicure: Dawn Stering

awake-smile.blogspot.com

So apparently, we just decided not to post this issue back in August :rofl: Speaks volumes...

Vogue Italia August 2020

Whatever Makes You Happy

Photographer: Sebastian Faena
Styling: Patti Wilson
Hair: Ward
Makeup: Yumi Lee
Models: Missy Rayder, Sasha Pivovarova, Alek Wek

Vogue Italia Archive

+ one more shot

Vogue Italia Archive

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics