Vogue Italia June 2013 : Gisele Bundchen by Steven Meisel

wait this woman has given birth to two children hasn't she? she can't be real!

Ugh, went through the 6 pages and can't find the video everyone's talking about! :doh:

I love Gisele, I think she's all kinds of awesome (personality, body, work, you name it) but I'm with LolaSvelt on this one, it's been a while this type of publications have been capable of a single simple joke, no sense of humor or guts to emit real criticism whatsoever, most attempts often bring them back to their roots and what they were never able to break from: adulation, a celebration of vapidness and consumerism and being irresponsible and reaffirming stereotypes and inequality and the list goes on for days. So damn boring, and when it isn't boring it's just second-hand embarrassment. It often feels like these magazines are catering to impressionable young people that say yes to everything fashion throws at them (bone and dog type of dynamic) or just dinosaurs.

That said, I think there are bigger question marks in fashion than Gisele's success.. but Gisele makes me forget them. :P:heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
the HQs

Luxury
Photographer: Steven Meisel
Model: Gisele Bündchen
Styling: Lori Goldstein
Hair: Guido
Make-Up: Pat McGarth
Nails: Jin Soon Soi

lekiosk

Beauty
Photographer: Ellen Von Unwerth
Model: Chloe Hayward
Styling: Karl Plewka
Hair: Seb Bascle
Make-Up: Cathyanne Mac Allister
Nails: Christina Conrad

lekiosk

Elisa Sednaoui
Photographer: Stéphane Sednaoui
Styling: Guilio Martinelli
Hair: Johnnie Sapong

lekiosk

The New Way To Feel: Just Cool
Photographer: Paolo Roversi
Model: Saskia De Brauw
Styling: Sara Maino
Hair: Shon
Make-Up: Sally Branka
Nails: Typhaine Kersual

lekiosk

Be In Shape Ever
Photographer: Greg Lotus
Model: Carmen Dell'Orefice, Ioanna Dedi, Gintare, Bryn English & Karina Gubanova
Styling: Danny Santiago
Hair: Thanos Samaras
Make-Up: Carole Lasnier
Nails: Champagne

lekiosk

Art & Photography Homestory: Force Of Nature
Photographer: Bruce Weber
Artist: Michele Oka Doner

lekiosk

Last edited by a moderator:
OMFG!!! Carmen Dell'Orefice is here!!!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE! I already wanted to purchase this issue anyways because of Gisele's fantastic spread and cover but NOT it's a must have and the editorial with Sednaoui is interesting enough and the Art & Photography Homestory: Force Of Nature editorial by Weber is original too. Paolo Roversi never do it for me, it's too plain and simple but the whole issue is cool = Vogue Italia's old school cool héhé :wink:

I wish we could go at least one calendar year without seeing Gisele, Karen, Linda, etc on the cover of Italian Vogue. It's so done now.

No thanks. No supermodels on covers of VI? Do you eat your peanut butter sandwiches without the jelly?

Besides I enjoyed 'Rubber Soul, Silent, The Duchess, etc.

No thanks. No supermodels on covers of VI? Do you eat your peanut butter sandwiches without the jelly?

Besides I enjoyed 'Rubber Soul, Silent, The Duchess, etc.

me too, supermodels ARE what makes Vogue Italia so endearing, because they always bring the supers and mix their issues with some new faces too. It's the best magazine for that specific reason: they always show new faces, pursue the hottest new designers, are very creative with their editorial aesthetics AND instead of doing only celebrities they actually give us old-school supermodels, that's why I LOVE Italian Vogue. :flower:

please tell me there is more to come? gisele's is the only good part, everything else is WEAK :(

I'm probably in the minority but I like the cover with the closeup of Gisele's face more than the one with her getting a pedi. I don't even care that it looks clinical, her expression and a clean face does it for me. I just wish Meisel went all out on the location shoot or did a separate feature with just the studio photos. It doesn't follow the sequence of seeing Gisele get pampered at the spa and then a retro-inspired studio shoot in between.

Apart from the cover story, Carmen's ed looks amazing as well, it's like reprising 'Sea Gym'. I'm liking Greg and Danny's work together.

Nice issue! Particularly love the dark moodiness of Elisa Sednaoui's ed. Carmen's ed is also quite amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew637
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->