Vogue Italia June 2016 by Mario Sorrenti

Thanks a bunch, Burbuja8910 for all the images. I like the beauty part a lot too. My favorites would easily be the Clevelands, Campbells and Pavlovas as well as Karolin Wolter's shot, very powerful.

Then, nepotism... Is it the ultimate vocabulary trend on TFS or a real and worrying issue with magazines? I think we can separate "good" from "bad" nepotism (yeah, I know, it sounds strange said this way as nepotism has a bad connotation from the start). I understand by "good" nepotism when some people choose their friend or relative over someone unknown at the same level of talent/skills. I don't know many that would go the other way round and that's how most human beings are. Bad one of course relates to someone landing a cover story just from being close to the right person and no other reason and otherwise wouldn't be anywhere. It happens, probably too often, **** happens.

But I don't understand why putting Anna Cleveland in the same bag as the so-called Instagirls and making all this fuss about her "pedigree". For the record she's been modeling for ages, quite silently during years. Surely it helps in some cases to have Cleveland rather than Mustermann as last name but she's got quite unique features and body language. I agree one may not like her just the same way I don't like Vlada's features and runway walk which are both unique too. But while those who are throwing stones at Anna for the wrong reasons are often seen as white knights of good taste and integrity, I'd easily be sentenced to be burnt at the stake for claiming I don't like Vlada (replace her by any other name you want). I read on this thread that some hardworking models would have deserved her place in this editorial... But hardworking doens't mean brilliant, far from it, and this is fashion photography, it's all about a subjective vision, and not politics or medicine where objective merit has to come first.

This said, and sorry for the annoying length (for anyone who bothered to lose time reading me), I do agree with the fact it's a bit light for Vogue Italia, as much as I like this issue. A look at all the pictures from past decade that have been uploaded on TFS again these days gives you a clear overview of what's going on, saddly enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a weird disconnect for me here... many of the images are great, but at the same time this theme is a tired one and it just doesn't resonate with me. It's an expansive editorial, nicely done, but I find nothing about it inspiring. I do like the shots of the Sorrentis a lot. Nice cast as well.

^^You're welcome, penny. :flower: Some shots are good, but really the photos than Anna Cleveland appears naked or in topless i find ugly, the problem is than Anna pretends to be a copy of her mom for the kind than she models, i want than her finds her true personality.

Is it possible for someone to post true HQ images of all the covers? I've been trying to find them, but my image searching skills are failing me. I mean true HQ images, not smaller images blown up to be bigger.

I've only managed to find Pat & Anna Cleveland's cover in HQ, so far:

trumpmodels

Is it possible for someone to post true HQ images of all the covers? I've been trying to find them, but my image searching skills are failing me. I mean true HQ images, not smaller images blown up to be bigger.

No fold-outs, but I think it's what you want :flower:

Sources: Lookbooks.com/Streeters; PRODn at Art + Commerce & Bryant Artists

From a huge fan of VI :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->