Vogue Italia June 2018 : Mica, Rianne & Doutzen by Willy Vanderperre

The main editorial is disappointing and it's all down to Willy's stale and lifeless vision. But at least Birgit looks beautiful in her ed.

+

SHORELINES - 16P
Ph: Gui Paganini
Stylist: Pedro Sales

A TODAY VISION - 8P
Ph: Rosi Di Stefano
Stylist: Riccardo Linarello

SONIC YOUTH - 10P
Ph: Andrea Artemisio
Stylist: Pati Wilson

AFTERNOON DELIGHT - 12P
Ph: Nathaniel Goldberg
Stylist: Elodie David-Touboul

LINE OF SIGHT - 10P
Ph: Gregory Harris
Stylist: Beat Bolliger

Willy also used the same (or similar) location for a Raquel Z/W shoot a couple years ago.

I do really like Willy's editorial.

Who cares if he's recycling his own concepts? Hardly shocking, every photographer does it even Meisel. Demarchelier was in his grey studio every damn time, that's worse than doing something you've done before.

No one looks like they are having a nice time there. So why would I, a reader, look at these depressing images and think, oh wow, this really makes my day. The photography isn't bad. The idea isn't original, I can even give him a pass. But he doesn't have range to pull "twisted recycled idea" off. It is just as depressing as it gets.

It's embarrassing that it looks very similar to the Prada campaign but I actually still quite like it. I really like the cropped male in the foreground, it's an intersting detail. Doutzen's cover could have looked the best if she didn't look so weird in it.

Why does it have to be new? Not only I would defend for Willy, but Meisel with his couches and Weber with his outdoor settings too. When Willy was obsessed with pool and sky for months, I didn't see anyone complaining. He likes that idea, so be it.

Willy's ed looks cool. It's his trademark. This is the third time in a row we see male models in the main ed. Love it!

The ed does have it's moments, Sora and Rianne really sell the mood but it doesn't speak well of this magazine to have a recycled concept as the cover story-Meisel is guilty of this type of thing of course.

Rianne sitting on the grass would have been a gorgeous cover but VI is obsessed with crappy standing multi-covers...Only God knows why. Is each girl wearing different designers or something?

Sora and especially Rianne make the ed worthwhile. If only Rianne's sitting shot would be the cover. Birgit slays as usual, so pretty.:blush:

WHY IS THIS GUY SO OBSESSED WITH GRASS AND SAND. Prada campaign, DUST Magazine and now this.

Vogue Italia June 2018
Afternoon delight
Photographer: Nathaniel Goldberg
Styling: Elodie David-Touboul
Hair: Vi Sapyyapy
Make Up: Adrien Pinault
Model: Veronika Kunz

Vogue.it

Vogue Italia June 2018
Line of sight
Photographer: Gregory Harris
Styling: Beat Bolliger
Hair: Tomo Jidai
Make Up: Sally Branka

Vogue.it

Vogue Italia June 2018
Sonic Youth
Photographer: Andrea Artemisio
Styling: Patti Wilson
Hair: Franco Argento
Make Up: Michiko Yoshida

Minititled

I don't mind Willy recycling concept because a lot of photographers (i must say all of them) have done this. From Meisel to Avedon and from Bourdin to Demarchelier.
I mean, Meisel Louis Vuitton SS 2014 campaign is just a continuation of his January 2014 cover with Julia Nobis.

The most annoying thing about Willy is the fact that he is just everywhere and all of his work looks the same. The fact that a 2018 ed has the same set and all as a 2017 campaign is problematic.
All of that in the season where his Prada and Calvin Klein campaigns are basically the same...

As for the other eds, nothing to write about.

^Agree !

"Afternoon delight" is awful. Looks like an ed from Stylist magazine...

That "Sonic Youth" ed is so depressing.:sick:

My goodness, this magazine is downhill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->