Vogue Italia June 2019 : Lana Del Rey by Steven Klein

Oh, I like it. Love Lana too so I might be biased.

I love Lana.. the pose is so awkward here though.
Actually like the eye makeup.

Steven Klein should be banned for this.
OMG It's so terrible that I can't even describe
And lana del rey should release a new album Immediately to apologize for that terrible cover

They should have put a Gucci ad on the cover because really this isn't working. Very amateurish.

Why do I get the feeling they've chosen the worst shot for this cover, because if it seems wrong, that must really mean it's 'edgy'?

What I'd like to see is Lana getting busy on the typewriter, like she's a 70s self-made novelist cooped up in a big mansion on her own, but slowly going crazy, not being able to tell the difference between herself and the characters she's inventing on the pages.

Instead, it's lion doorknockers and the promise of a poetry book.

Steven Klein + Giovanni Bianco + Jeremy Scott + Arianne Phillips, I guess Madonna wasn’t available that day? I mean she probably just dodged a bullet.

This is terrible :ninja: Genuinely I hate everything about this - the pose, the styling, the setting and as for the insipid cover line...why is her expression so listless? It doesn't match her pose in the slightest. So stick of Steven Klein and these grainy dull covers he churns out again and again! His work has no creativity anymore.

I honestly believe the current VI team think everything they produce is instantly 'iconic' and they can attach any daft motto to an issue and everyone will love it - in reality they constantly produce an absolute MESS that only looks all the more worse when you considering the legacy of Franca and how good this magazine used to be.:cry:

Yeah, @333101 took the words right out of my mouth! And I've been looking forward to this so much too.

The second cover is certainly better. I get what they were going for, but then get Carlyne to style it at least. But the silver lining of this mess is that hopefully it will be the last we will see of Giovanni at this edition. And what on earth is Arianne doing here?

Not a good look either, and where is Courtney Love’s cover? :huh:

Terrible cover. I’m no fan of Lana but surely they could’ve come up with something else.

Italian Vogue use to be my top 2 in the top 4 of the Vogues, but they are not at the very bottom. Since Franca passed there has been maybe 4 covers that are good. But month after month it gets worse. Hiring Steven Klein also hasn’t helped. His covers all look the same, just in different rooms. I like Lana.....back in 2012.

The second cover is good. But who cares about Lana del Rey nowadays?

I sort of like the last one.

Could someone confirm if they still have the English content? In the March issue at the back pages only the credicts and no English texts at all...

How underwhelming and what a waste of Lana.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->