Vogue Italia June 2023 : Anok Yai by Oliver Hadlee Pearch

crmsn

Reaction score
0873_VI_2306_COVER_INSTA.jpg

vogue.fr / Vogue Rail: Vogue France celebrates travel for its June-July 2023 edition

Ohhhhh this is nice ! I love the pose and dress + hair and makeup and the train makes us thing we're travelling with her. NICELY DONE :smile:
And a real top model at that lol so it's a bonus.

Despite having definitely the most humble/less striking setting out of the "journey" triad of covers, Vogue Italia's cover somehow is the one that works better. Anok looks stunning as ever and the maritime pines in the background give somewhat of a beginning-of-summer feel that should always be present in June cover

This was definitely shot in the same location of the "Rapallo" editorial that was present in some of the May issues, I just hope the cover editorial is actually different and not just a reprint :/

it’s an interesting cover, I like it.

Really the best one from the set, but to me is alarming to see more and more text on the covers of Italian Vogue. Its identity is going lost forever. Anyway, Francesca seems she has such a good eye for the visuals.

it works...not sure about the crop but makes more sense than the others...

Gorgeous! Thank god isn't a nepo girl again.

Decent, but forgettable. Also, how much is the budget these days that they’ve gone with that font? Its so cheap!

hmmm... I wanna like it because I adore Anok and I see y'all did like but... the crop on her head is so weird, the font is cheap, I don't see creativity in it and despite the dress being cute and me loving her, I think it's a pass for me.
it's very very forgettable and a waste of Anok's modelling skills (and we all know she's a truly good model).
refreshing to see a non-nepo baby on a cover, though. points for that

It's almost there but not quite. The train is a little too dirty, tired and paunchy... pedestrian commuter.

I miss when Oliver Hadlee Pearch's imagery was chaotic, exuberant and over the top. His work has been so serious for a few years now and it has lost the special spark.

It's nice but she doesn't look very strong to be honest. She is sitting a bit too relaxed for me.

This is awful. Looks like bad Digital cover of the Net-A-Porter Edit.

The light is unflattering, though. Makes the dress look dirty or yellow.

I’m usually good at avoiding making comparisons when viewing Vogue Italia covers, but I can’t help but think about how Meisel would have elevated this concept had he photographed it. I do like the image overall, but it’s a bit claustrophobic and lacking depth; I know there’s some irony in that statement since it was photographed in a train carriage, but my issue is more with how the image is cropped.

That chanel dress is gonna get worn out since its the only decent look from that particular collection.

This actually makes sense and feels like a travel edition. She looks like shes been sitting for a while and is shifting around so she doesnt make her leg fall asleep.

I’m usually good at avoiding making comparisons when viewing Vogue Italia covers, but I can’t help but think about how Meisel would have elevated this concept had he photographed it. I do like the image overall, but it’s a bit claustrophobic and lacking depth; I know there’s some irony in that statement since it was photographed in a train carriage, but my issue is more with how the image is cropped.
He did it! Vogue Italia May 2001 with Vicky Andren.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honorata
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->