Vogue Italia March 2018 : Remington Williams by Steven Meisel

There is something about this girl that doesn't convince me, probably her mouth and chin. It's so distracting, I don't like the cover. Also the editorial is boring for a March issue. Maybe with a better casting this would have worked.

I love you Meiselites... your dedication is just unprecedented... you are always there to prove that whatever he does is great even if it is not;-)))

It's called perspective. Just because some people doesn't like it doesn't mean that is bad. And vice versa.

Oh gosh, not Meisel again, not this washed out "nostalgia" gimmick again. Why is it everytime they try a new menu, they don't even let it sink and go back to the same old plain white rice?

They have a whole web-section (photovogue) dedicated to up-and-coming fashion photographers, is it that hard to give one of them the opportunity of working with a good budget/team and see what they can do?

It would be a real selling point if Vogue Italia carved out a new identity as the place where fresh talent gets the opportunity to express their ideas, especially given that so many of the old names have disgraced themselves.

it´s an ok cover imo... but for today´s VI standars, it´s a great cover :lol:

Three ugly girls portrayed as classical beauties wearing couture. The result doesn’t work for me. It’s nice but boring.
Moderator's Note:

I'd like to clarify for everyone reading this thread: this comment/opinion ^ is acceptable. Negative opinions about any person who is a public figure, such as models and celebrities are not against the Community Rules. We won't tolerate trolls nor repeated bashing, but this is just a comment about a "type", which she feels applies to these models.

However, please be careful with your own responses to any opinion shared by another member. Here is the very first item in our Community Rules:
1. Be respectful. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with others as long as it is done respectfully and maturely, but do not attack other members in your posts or comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is something about this girl that doesn't convince me, probably her mouth and chin. It's so distracting, I don't like the cover. Also the editorial is boring for a March issue. Maybe with a better casting this would have worked.

My thoughts exactly! I share the same sentiments.
That's the main reason why I dont like her. You can clearly see her overbite, even with her mouth closed.

I'm curious to see the content. The main ed does nothing for me.

It's called perspective. Just because some people doesn't like it doesn't mean that is bad. And vice versa.

Thanks for being so enlightening... but there’s another word I’d like to throw in... bias! :-)

So Vogue Unique is dead? Maybe will happen the same to Beauty in Vogue.

So Vogue Unique is dead? Maybe will happen the same to Beauty in Vogue.
I knew that are delivered only to subscribers, but i won't be surprised discovering they decided to stop publishing.

9 months since the last Meisel editorial and I feel like I'm back in the insipid 2014/5 period when SM editorials for VI were really poor.

Don't care about these girls one bit and whilst the main story has some great shots as ever (great to see McKenna style), it's a bit of a damp squib all in all.

Kaia's lovely set in UK Vogue was far superior to this by comparison.

I think Meisel is VI and VI is Meisel, so personally I think he should still be shooting every cover. I don't know who the cover girl is - I hate all the newbies who get covers, I still my 2000s girls - and this is so lackluster. Disappointment!

Review

Girls on Wheels, Against the Wheel, Check This Car, Green Lights (19P)
Photographer: Mariana Maltoni
Styling: Renata Correa
Hair: Lucas Wilson
Make Up: Ingeborg
Model: Adela

A Sparkle in this Time (10P)
Photographer: Zee Nunes
Styling: Enrica Ponzellini
Make Up: Alice Ghendrih
Hair: Olivier de Vriendt
Model: Pasha Harulia, Lea Holzfuss

Wonder (20p)
Photographer: Steven Meisel
Styling: Joe McKenna
Hair: Guido Palau
Make Up: Pat McGrath
Model: Rachel Max, Remington, Julia Nobis

The Nine Dancing (22P)

Photographer: Willy Vanderperre
Styling: Olivier Rizzo
Hair: Holli Smith
Make Up: Francelle Daly
Model: Nimue Smit, Natasha Poly, Fran Summer, Jolie Alien, Cosmia Lagae, Daan Duez, Hannah Motler, Mica Arganaraz, Alec Pollentier, Alyssa Traore, Luca Lemaire, Zwaan Bijl

SL IV (10P)
Photographer: Inez & Vinoodh
Styling: Alastair McKimm
Hair: Jimmy Paul
Make Up: Aaron de Mey
Model: Kiki Willems, Adut Akech, Lexi Boling, Aquaria, Sasha Velour, Natalie Westling, Alaine Quinones, Sohyun Jung, Oslo Grace

Meen Streeter (12P)

Photographer: Andrea Artemisio
Styling: Patti Wilson
Hair: Jawara
Make Up: Gemma Smith
Model: Greta Varlese

Funny Games (14P)
Photographer: Karim Sadli
Styling: Max Pearmain
Hair: Damien Boissinot
Make Up: Lauren parsons
Model: Ansley Guliemi

True Colors (10P)

Photographer: Dan Jackson
Styling: Alex White
Hair: Ward
Make Up: Peter Phillips
Model: Lily Nova, Kiki Willems, Maryel Sousa, Silke van Daal, Aida Blue, Carissa Pinkstone, Cara Taylor, Line Kjaergaard, Charlee Fraser

Last edited by a moderator:
I love you Meiselites... your dedication is just unprecedented... you are always there to prove that whatever he does is great even if it is not;-)))

But I'm more interested in YOUR opinion on the cover? :wink:

Anlabe is a Meiselite, so is Miss Dalloway, they were both honest, as did many others.

Review looks great, but it can easily end up a series of studio stories! We already know the Meisel one is. But I&V, Jackson, Sadli and the one responsible for ruining Prada with his insipid campaigns, could be as well......

The ed is ok. I just can't get over how horrible the hair looks.
A better hairstyle would of elevated the story. IMO

Its troubling how people reduce personal preference to bias. Ever considered the fact that maybe you’re the one who’s biased? Time and again, VI threads are flooded with Meisel comments initiated by those who are against his work. Ironic right? Its just tiring at this point.

However, Sasha Velour and Aquaria by Inez & Vinoodh + Vogue Italia. What a feat for these two!

Review

SL IV (10P)
Photographer: Inez & Vinoodh
Styling: Alastair McKimm
Hair: Jimmy Paul
Make Up: Aaron de Mey
Model: Kiki Willems, Adut Akech, Lexi Boling, Aquaria, Sasha Velour, Natalie Westling, Alaine Quinones, Sohyun Jung, Oslo Grace

Our true queen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->