Vogue Italia May 2015 : Kayla Scott by Steven Meisel

Isn't the 2nd girl from the right in 2nd picture Saskia?

I think you're right. I love this issue or what we see from the beginning. I love seeing new fresh faces, i like the idea to put food around fashion. It's like more real, it's like catching a truly important moment of our daily life. People are sometimes too harsh with Steven Meisel, as if we have absolutely to hate him no matter what but i respect each point of view !!! Anyway, i will buy it very soon !!!

What? People too harsh with Meisel, as if we have to hate him no matter what? :lol: Meisel seems to be one of TFS' most beloved fashion people. I only ever see people praising him, and sometime expressing that an editorial of his here or there are disappointing.

the plate on the cover is evidently photoshopped, it is actually screaming that it is photoshopped...

lindbergh's editorial is so dull, this isn't fashion to me. it's really boring.

meisel does do some rubbish these days but not this time. the cover is really good.

Lindbergh's edit is an instant classic, love how cinematic it feels!

I love the vibe in Lunch in Brooklyn. :D Also, I don't like Meisel's ed. What's up with him these days?

the plate on the cover is evidently photoshopped, it is actually screaming that it is photoshopped...

That's one thing that bothers me about the cover, to the point that it ruins the whole thing. The plate looks awkwardly out of place and badly photoshop.

Such a wonderful editorial! It's a shame that the cover does not reflect the majesty of the editorial.

How these were not used as covers surprise me. The cover used does not translate Italian Vogue for me.
COLLATE.png

glossynewsstand

What? People too harsh with Meisel, as if we have to hate him no matter what? :lol: Meisel seems to be one of TFS' most beloved fashion people. I only ever see people praising him, and sometime expressing that an editorial of his here or there are disappointing.

Indeed, Steven Meisel is the photographer who first got me interested in fashion magazines, so the only reason why I'd express disappointment is because I can remember all the years of work that came before, and am judging him by those standards. In all other respects, the man's a legend to me.

Indeed, Steven Meisel is the photographer who first got me interested in fashion magazines, so the only reason why I'd express disappointment is because I can remember all the years of work that came before, and am judging him by those standards. In all other respects, the man's a legend to me.

He is a teacher, but I think his work in recent times was boring and repetitive around, imspiracion lacking.
As I do not love him, but I think Meisel published a photo in black and many applaud, I think the criticism should be constructive in spite of fanaticism

Damaris Goddrie looks AMAZING in the cover story by Steven Meisel and Karl Templer :heart:

The cast in Meisel's story is the most exciting bunch of new faces Ive seen in a while. From new surprise coverstar Kayla Scott to all the other girls in this story. This group of models is about to take over..! :cool2:

because if I were to eat in bed wearing nice clothes, that food would find its way everywhere.
how does that happen? I always eat like this without making a mess (partly for lack of furniture). I think coming from a cocktail party all dressed up and tired and just laying on a bed with some food is one of the great underrated pleasures in life :lol:. As long as it's a solid mattress (and not a water one, I guess).. and a sharp fork?

I love that this issue incorporates food in a nice (if slightly Kinfolkish) way. No generation has been so obsessed with discerning food and its aesthetic angles and nutrients like this one and somehow whenever it makes a cameo in fashion it's still portrayed like a disgusting carb fest full of marshmallows, chocolate, whipped cream and donuts and basically things nobody eats anymore. As if the sole need of eating was just fun and repulsive at the same time.. which is so fashion/starvation circa 2001. There's a cult around healthy living now and it's about time fashion should embrace that.

I love Lindbergh's story, it feels very old school with all of these suits and baggy proportions. And I think the cover has a nice feel good vibe to it and it has a fresh face, I'm always down for that.. and in a way it's why I don't think Lindbergh's shots would work as a cover for me (overexposed models, no thanks).

Meisel is really running out of ideas, even for the videos, the male model with the long hair is more eye catching than all the other random persons. This is hideous from the cover to the video.

totally agree the female models are NOT interesting at all, apart from molly. i even wish he’d used lexi, valery k, julia bergshoeff, those girls would have been gorgeous.

While I'm appreciative of the fact the cover is lighter and more airy than previous months, I still feel as though there's a slightly dark undertone to the editorial. I'm not motivated by the cover story whatsoever and I'm just like.. UGH! Vogue Italia haven't produced one visually-stimulating cover thus far, in 2015.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"