Vogue Italia May 2018 : Gigi Hadid by Steven Klein

...... DG’s trash has been back to VI.

Oh yes, didn't they bar Franca at some stage from using their looks over something petty? Can't remember what the reason was.

At first I thought this was Jourdan Dunn. Would have been a better choice.

I miss when Steven Klein used to produce glorious work, he rarely manages to get it right nowadays.

Not a fan of the Photoshop nor the tan on this cover. What could have been a fabulously excessive fashion cover turned into a joke thanks to the team involved.

People are really brainwashed nowadays, the last thought crossing my mind was that Gigi's tan was meant to make her look black or something. As it has already been stated Klein loves to saturate his pictures to the point his models' skin looks like tuscan leather, a tacky tan has always been part of his aesthetic along with male models used as props.

Awful cover either way...Klein's peak was his Deadly Sins editorial for Vogue Paris October 2010, god was that gorgeous. I like the sticker like layout but this image is closer to a burnt circuit, no energy at all.

Vogue Italia apologized for the cover on Instagram and Gigi apologized on twitter

She didn't look 'black' at all to me on the cover.. She did look bad though.

I've seen worse by Steven Klein. That Lara Stone editorial in 2009...

^Apologized for what? For photoshopping Gigi too much?
I have just came across few comments stating that there is a black face. Have you ever seen a black face? This is getting ridiculous.

I feel like I’ve seen versions of this cover going around that are photoshopped to make her look much darker than the cover actually is.

Also is it just me or does she look like Ruth Negga in the photo?

The "issue" about this is more ridiculous than the cover itself, and this cover is pretty ridiculous.

OMG, these "controversies", lol. Just when you think it can't get any more absurd, it does. Are white people still allowed to tan, or is that now frowned upon too?

Like the vid, but I still miss those cool clips by Gordon Von Steiner.

Kim Kardashian did appear on the cover of Interview Magazine looking really dark and no one said a thing. Gigi just looks tanned to me and there's nothing 'controversial' about it. Why apologize? So that means they actually did try blackface huh? But it's still a bad cover anyway. There are many other models who could work this concept better than Gigi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kim Kardashian did appear on the cover of Interview Magazine looking really dark and no one said a thing. Gigi just looks tanned to me and there's nothing 'controversial' about it. Why apologize? So that means they actually did try blackface huh? But it's still a bad cover anyway. There are many other models who could work this concept better than Gigi.

I don't think so, Patti Wilson released a personal statement on her Instagram with no apologies but rather standing her ground. She explained her intentions and what else do you need.

A quote from the statement,

"It's a summer issue. It's a swimwear story. Gigi is meant to look bronze, tan and gorgeous. Nothing more than that."

Last edited by a moderator:
Why apologize? So that means they actually did try blackface huh? But it's still a bad cover anyway. There are many other models who could work this concept better than Gigi.

It's just probably damage control.

My issue here is how Gigi looks like she got electrocuted then you've got that high voltage tagline to go with it. It gives me a wrong turn of fashion fantasy.

I like it somehow, if only because it´s not an indie shot... the leg is very distracting though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kancuk24
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->