Vogue Italia May 2020 by Karim Sadli, Alasdair McLellan, Ryan McGinley & Harley Weir

So McGinley and Ibrahim Kamara, whose work I really admire, starred in their own edits? I find that very fame-whorish.

When is Kamara not starring in his own edits tho? He put himself on the cover last September for god's sake. I'm so sick of that man and his pretentiousness

Kaia remains my favorite cover. Stellar editorial! I actually enjoy Freja's as well, despite the nasty hair. L'Uomo cover she's paired with is also really great.
Anja looks fantastic, as expected. Not a big fan of that red dye? in her hair, but her face is absolutely magnificent and I'd definitely buy her cover if I had the chance. I hate L'Uomo's with Kamara on principle...
As for Grimes - waste of paper. It looks like some artsy fartsy Vogue Poland or whatever. Just ugly and unnecessary.

Overall, this is a solid issue, the editorials aren't as bad as usual and the casting is amazing! Good job.

Kaia remains my favorite cover. Stellar editorial! I actually enjoy Freja's as well, despite the nasty hair. L'Uomo cover she's paired with is also really great.
Overall, this is a solid issue, the editorials aren't as bad as usual and the casting is amazing! Good job.

Agreed! And really surprised that Sadli turned out such a great cover editorial which imo is the highlight of the issue. I can spot quite a few cover tries in that story. A small part of me was hoping it should've been shot better by Sion because Pearmain is at his best with him and this format is pretty much his signature, but Sadli pulled it off.

Normally I'm very impressed with L'Uomo's content, even when the likes of Collier shoots for them, but this time around there's nothing to behold.

^Nope, for some reason they don't include L'Uomo in the copies they export to Estonia. Just like the beauty supplement. We shall see if this time will be any different. After all, they did include the Lindbergh supplement.

Are you sure it is Ibrahim Kamara ? the facial features are very different and even the body. I dont recognize him at all.

Are you sure it is Ibrahim Kamara ? the facial features are very different and even the body. I dont recognize him at all.

He's definitely credited in both edits as part of the cast. And actually, now that Aracic mentioned he always appears in his own edits, I recall the Ghana story for M Le Monde last year where he also featured prominently alongside the street cast.

Odd, because I seem to only get it in Italian in my area. I've not seen an English copy in months.
Is anyone else in the UK getting English-language copies of VI?

To be clear, the copies I got were always in Italian for Vogue Italia. But the free L'uomo Vogues were in English. Not sure about the the recent 2 issues of L'uomo as the online news agent I bought Vogue Italia from separated the free copies of L'uomo and sold them as individual copies, which I don't really care as I am not that interested in them and they will be a problem for me to store eventually...

I think for the exported copies (outside of Italy at least) L'uomo Vogue always come wrapped with Vogue Italia as a free supplement since the relaunch of the title. On the cover of those "free" L'uomo Vogue issues, the price is crossed with an "x" to suggest it's for free. And the entire magazine is in English, I guess targeting the international market. This is the same case with Vogue Accessory as well. They come in different months. But I think in Italy, both L'uomo Vogue and Vogue Accessory are individual magazines to be sold in newsstand.
Interesting - I didn't know this, thank you!

To be clear, the copies I got were always in Italian for Vogue Italia. But the free L'uomo Vogues were in English. Not sure about the the recent 2 issues of L'uomo as the online news agent I bought Vogue Italia from separated the free copies of L'uomo and sold them as individual copies, which I don't really care as I am not that interested in them and they will be a problem for me to store eventually...

Ah, got it! Thanks. :heart:

Ibrahim Kamara is a Gucci model (two campaigns) with a completely different face from Ibrahim Kamara the fashion stylist. A simple search on models.com or google.com provides that information within less than 5 seconds.

The editorials and concept are tired and uninteresting. Kaia is a mediocre model without Meisel shooting her. Freja in this role? Groundbreaking. It's a pleasant surprise to see Anja on the cover of Vogue Italia, she's a workhorse.

In the digital edition (I've got), which has 362 pages, those two things are jointed together: Vogue Italia is from page 1 to page 158 and L'Uomo is from page 159 to page 362.
Where is the beauty supplement?

^^^No Beauty supplement.

This magazine is like a person with amnesia who spends most of their time trying to reconstruct an authentic identity, but has the occasional flashback to how they used to be.

Still too high and generous praise. I’d liken his VI to everyone gets a participation trophy instead of Francas’s highest standard of only the best and strongest get awarded.

(And @Zorka has kindly spared us the eyesore that's disguised as art direction by only posting the shots and not the accompanying graphic design. My eyes hurt every single time I look through Emanuele's VI.)

May is the month of Beauty in Vogue. Last november a member here told me that the magazine came with L'Uomo and Beauty at the same price. I don't know if Casa Vogue came last month.

So they had Ibrahim Kamara the stylist:
fwx3iyso_o.jpg

source: businessoffashion.com

Styling Ibrahim Kamara the model:
n1JDvEly_o.jpg

source: Zorka

Way to f U# k with our heads Vogue Italia! :lol:

But the Ryan McGinley edit, not everyone has to be a damn model.

Ok, so apparently Ibrahim Kamara the stylist goes by Ib Kamara. At least that's what my quick research showed. Ibrahim Kamara the model is drop dead gorgeous and I honestly hope that Ibrahim Kamara the stylist ditches his ego and books Ibrahim Kamara the model every time he feels like posing for an editorial himself, cause Ibrahim Kamara the model deserves that exposure. His(?) beauty is incredible and although I like Kamara the stylist's features as well, it's obvious who's the actual model here. I just hate it when photographers, stylists etc. jump on every chance to promote their own face. It's too pretentious for my taste

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->