Vogue Italia May 2020 by Karim Sadli, Alasdair McLellan, Ryan McGinley & Harley Weir

BIG Improvement. The squiggly text is unnecessary like always. Thankfully my eye goes straight to Kaia. As for the other cover I will say that androgyny is OUT. The whole gender bender youth thing is over. We don't need that in the new decade. Androgyny and androgynous style is something that comes naturally to a person. It should never be forced because it always looks unnatural. Kaia looks like a little girl playing dress up!

Quite a pretty cover actually (Vogue, not L'Uomo). That shade of green is very retro.

If they are going to play the whole gender boundaries angle I would rather they use someone who actually breaks the boundaries like Hanne Gaby or Nathan Westling, etc. That being said, Kaia looks great, big improvement.

Meh. I couldn’t care less about VI after those absolutely divine Vogue Paris covers.

jesus mary and joseph! They've finally done it!! I'm completely shocked that they finally managed to publish a stunning cover. Kaia looks absolutely fantastic and I love the masthead color it all works well together. I'll overlook the stupid layout and agenda this time...

Kinda good, love that shade of green on the donna cover and how it complements the picture, the l'uomo one is not terrible but it's also not necessary...

Now we are not wearing socks and sandals in Vogue.

Beautiful cover, wow, and then you see the other one and it's like; aah ok, yeah i see he couldn't forgo the gimmicks not even this once, sigh!

Her VI is really stunning...Very 90’s Meisel tbh. I hate the text...Why his covers have to always be so gimmicky???!!

Her UOMO is fine but putting a woman in menswear is hardly groundbreaking, pushing gender barriers or anything. It would have been more ambitious to do an entire issue, styling men in womenswear (and not the usual men in skirts/dresses).

Everytime, i feel like Farneti covers are dictated by social media. There’s nothing indicative of a personal taste. Even Schulman’s taste was visible throughout her tenure at UK Vogue.

Digital Cover:

There’s no doubt that the covers, both Print version & digital are incredible photos of Kaia, who is absolutely stunning in both. But the art direction of this magazine just lets it down so much, that strange string connecting the cover line & masthead, plus that horrid wavy writing. They need not only a new editor in chief but a new art director/creative director would be a great start.

I like the cover (at least the first one). Classic VI cover.

I find it so funny though that last month they went so over the top with that blank cover "out of respect" and a month later it's business as usual even though the situation hasn't really improved all that much.

Yay for socks and sandals on Vogue! :heart::heart::heart:
Both the main covers for VI looks splendid. I'd have liked someone who didn't look like a bored teenager, but I suppose you simply cannot have a faultless cover from Farneti. Surprised to see this was shot by Sadli, whose work I normally can't stand. Clever of him to use the blurry effect, without it may have looked like a Meisel knock-off.

Now L'Uomo however, a travesty! And that is usually where Farneti does best. Sorry, but why couldn't they just style a man in 'women's' clothing? Too much for the L'Uomo man to deal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->