Vogue Italia November 2003 : Missy Rayder & Jessica Stam by Steven Meisel

I decided to scan my old copy:

The Cover by Meisel

Mother Nature
Photographer: Steven Meisel
Models: Jessica Stam, Missy Rayder, Lily Cole

scans by rox_yr_sox

A 'Vogue Italia' thread with only 2 pages :rofl:

thank you for your scans. Jessica looks great! Love the editorial concept.

Softwear
Photographer: Thomas Schenk
Model: Adina Fohlin

scans by rox_yr_sox

Bruce Weber's Supplement to Vogue Italia:

"A Letter To True"

A Film Journal

Models: Includes Kate Moss, James Franco, Viggo Mortensen, Marianne Faithful, Nina Simone, Sean Penn, Colin Farrell, Ingmar Bergman, Pamela Anderson and many, many more.

A selection of images:

scans by rox_yr_sox

A 'Vogue Italia' thread with only 2 pages :rofl:

I know! Let's try to make it make it three...

I wasn't that fussed on the cover when it came out, but looking at it in retrospect, I like the strange scenario of the girls together in that environment, it's like a scene from an indie film.

^ though that ed outshines all the other in this edition. They all pale in comparison and seem kinda boring.

Thanks a lot for scans :flower:
Is Pamela's shot an outtake from her W issue?

^ I think so. The supplement is dedicated to Bruce Weber's dog True, and features lots of his celeb photos and some new stuff, and lots and lots of dogs!

that one golden retreiver is so incredibly adorable. haha thank you so much for scans

I really love this cover now.I wasn't crazy about it in 2003 though.But after seeing it in super Hq,the colors and the light is fabulous.And the pair of fabulous legs help too.

^That only bad thing is that Lily wasn't on the cover.

I love the animals in Meisel's story. Too bad he did the exact same style of editorial just without the animals a month later. I like the December story more.

I agree that Lily should have made it to the cover. I'm not a fan of her but he shot her quite often and the result was always amazing. I think she would have deserved it more than Jessica and Missy who would still have a good amount of Vogue Italia covers without this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ughhh Brana Wolf needs to work with Meisel again, I love the ambiguous setting of this editorial, it could be in Asia, Africa or Eastern Europe just as easily as America. The only thing I don't enjoy is how jarring Missy's breasts are to the natural environment, it doesn't work here for me :ninja:

They work just fine for me:shifty::lol:

LOL well I guess there can never be too much of bare breasts.....apart from in Missy's case, I'm always shocked to see her with a dress or shirt covering her chest :lol:

I normally dislike Missy :sick: but she doesn't look too gross here.

Nice cover. I think the text would be better at the bottom and in a color that stands out more.

^i agree with you, the text "the new ease" should have been put at the bottom. but nevertheless, it is still a good cover. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anka xx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->