Vogue Italia November 2011 : Raquel Zimmermann by Steven Meisel

Oh Raquel, how I love thee:heart::heart::heart:
Won't even bother commenting on that edit as I am wayyy biased,loll.

And well done to Brittani Kline, her edit is great imo, I didn't even recognise her until I saw those colour images of her.

The energy of Raquel and Meisel's story really reminds me of "State of Emergency" with Iselin and Hilary. I love what I'm seeing thus far.

Please don't even remind me of that edit, its is soo superb, especially Iselin, its beyond. One of my favorites of all time!

Not so much fan of the cover because of the glasses, I need eye contact!
I was sick of the gardens, b/w photos ,grey backdrops & houses
this reminded me old Meisel, with this great and fresh ideas, two in a row for Steven,
first W Mag with the Fake ads, and now this great editorial, welcome back Mr Meisel

Last edited by a moderator:
Splendid. The main editorial is a wonderful return to the full-glam brilliance of Meisel. Love it so much!

I care very little for the cover but this shot is hilarious..

[vogue.it]

Reminded me of this :lol::

I'll probably buy this.

Everyone loves this ed, loves Meisel (including me), I wonder what will everyone say about Meisel in next month, if he offers again another studio editorial with some new faces (because it's big chance to see newbies for December issue since there were all top-models on 4 covers in a row).

^ I wish that he'd choose a model who isn't an established name or a newbie for once (lately). Oh well.

Finally a good cover e storie in Vogue Italia by Meisel i love the ed energy 100% the cover is really good, the unique things is the cover remind me to Lady Gaga

nice cover and follow up editorial; both raquel and steven are very good at what they do and this editorial is very good!

brittani looks like a model which is very good; we might be seeing more of her in the future.

Finally a good cover e storie in Vogue Italia by Meisel i love the ed energy 100% the cover is really good, the unique things is the cover remind me to Lady Gaga

Agree with everything you said. The energy, the colors, unique. yes yes.
Also this cover is waaaaaay better then Raquels august cover, that was just not pretty.

not a fan of the cover, i just like that we don't get to see too much of her face here....

I couldn't be more in love with the cover and the main editorial that goes along with it. :wub: It's insanely beautiful! Everything looks perfect. I especially applaud Carlyne for the styling cause she really did a wonderful job in this one. As well as Raquel's modeling prowess who nailed each shot. Glad that she got this one and damn, second VI cover in a year! And lastly, I knew that Meisel hasn't lost his high fashion sense yet when it comes to producing quality fashion stories for VI. Such a really good job!

Now I'll be definitely picking this up even if the other editorials aren't that good enough. I think I'm already sold just for the main story alone. :smile:

The energy of Raquel and Meisel's story really reminds me of "State of Emergency" with Iselin and Hilary. I love what I'm seeing thus far.

I was to say this one. :lol::smile:

Just noticed that this is the second time they used "Highly Styled" on the cover. The last one was with the October 2002 issue with Liya Kebede on the cover. :smile:

I don't like the cover. It would be better if she didn't wear glasses. The main ed is quite nice, though.
Hope the other fashion stories are great too.

Yeah, I don't like glasses on covers either.
The main ed is very good.

Yeah, I don't like glasses on covers either.
The main ed is very good.

I think the glasses are necessary for what he's trying to do there. That kind of defiance Raquel couldn't muster (and very few ppl could), so the only way to make it come across with this attitude is to have some way of covering the eyes.

Not that crazy about the cover, but I love the editorial. Even though the idea of shooting on the train isn't new, Meisel put his spin on it and the result is very captivating.

I do think it's a little soon for Raquel to have yet another VI cover.

Holy crap- this is amaaaaaazing. This is the Meisel we all know and love.

Everyone loves this ed, loves Meisel (including me), I wonder what will everyone say about Meisel in next month, if he offers again another studio editorial with some new faces (because it's big chance to see newbies for December issue since there were all top-models on 4 covers in a row).

This is such a splendid Halloween treat that by the time the December issue rolls in we'll all be coming down from our sugar rush and back to our old Meisel-deprecating selves. :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muggins1265
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"