Vogue Italia November 2019 : Florence Hutchings by David Sims

Anyone buys this sh*t???
If it was in early 90’s or 00’s this man would fired already.

Kate Bates did a much better job in Bazaar and it was fired.

please, God, help us

I’m still numb. Since I saw this yesterday I haven’t managed to stop thinking about it and how this was ever approved. It truly is one of the worst covers ever, made even more disturbing considering the talents involved. It’s like they are all intentionally trolling us. Shocking on so many levels.

All of this is questionable. Even some of those shots of Grace are bad.

This is a mess! I really miss when Vogue Italia was great and had Miesel! They need a new creative director asap and return to their old ways

I have to say I’m very upset with David Sims editorial and he’s one of the very few photographers I look up to but goddamn it’s just terribly dated and I’m so sick of the collage amateur looking photographs it’s been done to death already!

I'm worry for december issue...
They forgot how to keep inspiring....
Tbh they had some decent issues but when you see overall this three years without Franca i think they lost their way trying (too hard) to be "cool"

I have no words to express how sad and bad this is. The cover is the worst Vogue cover I have seen, there is literally nothing to save there. The expression, the composition, the words, the styling. It's so pretentious and uneventful that it is embarassing for me to think of this as a Vogue Italia cover. We all remember how glorious this magazine would be, the provocations, the photography, the messages, but always mantaining that fashion side which made VI unique. This is like the attempt of a kid in college who has so many ideas but does not know where to start to mix the past and present, the provocations and thoughts and make it avant garde, but the work ends up being meaningless and honestly just ugly. This is a fashion magazine, you might try to be cool as much as you want but beauty is important. I don't buy or look at something because it's ugly. I do it because it's beautiful or interesting or creative. This is simply, undoubtly, and only, ugly.

The entire issue is either ugly, plain or pretentious. Some shots are almost distubing to me. Farneti and his team are a disgrace. They should never come close to a fashion magazine. I thought the departure of Bianco was a good thing, but things only got worse. It's unbelievable.

I didn't hate all the issues under GB i think he had some highlights... but we need to think VI as something different as we used to.

It would be amazing if Fabien Baron took the reigns of VI....he would perfectly fit the magazine....

What about other contents of VI beside the cover and editorials? got better? the texts? the design? the articles?

There should be a thread "How to save/ rebrand Vogue Italia" i'm sure there would be amazing ideas...

Jesus Christ this is criminal. Can we seriously start a petition or something to get this man out?

Jesus Christ this is criminal. Can we seriously start a petition or something to get this man out?

For both, Farneti and Ferdinando... and never touch a magazine again...
I'm sure (hope) Mr. Prada does a good job at HB Italy....

I’m so tired of ironic, transgressive, subversive “BEAUTY.”

Please just show us something actually beautiful.

I’m well aware that beauty can be found in unexpected places, but when you shove things so objectively not beautiful down our throats and tell us decisively that this is “BEAUTY,” I have to reject this brainwashing.

I don’t mean to offend either model....the fault lies entirely in the team behind this.

This one is a beauty supplement cover:

McMenamy one is ed section opener in it.
ed preview:

Photographer: Richard Burbridge
Model: Ajok Madel, Pan Haowen, Sara Eirud, Lily McMenamy, etc.
Stylist: Ibrahim Kamara
Stylist assistant: Sasha Harris.
Hair: Virginie Moreira
Make-up: Thom Walker
vogue.it
At least this Kamara guy stayed behind camera this time

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question for the italian readers. 5€ for the triple pack (Vogue, L'Uomo and Beauty in Vogue) is expensive or cheap???

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eisabeth
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->