Vogue Italia November 2021 : Lady Gaga by Steven Meisel

Holy…!! Meisel on VI again has pulled me me out of current fashion doldrums. This is cover is spectacular! Exudes fun, fantasy, and —GASP— fashion!

My god, it keeps getting better and better with each new shot... splendid!

I can't believe that the guy in the "Personal Best" video watching Lindsey and Daphne posing for Vogue Italia ten years ago is ruling the Vogues. Edward is a great editor, and I find him more close to Grace Coddington than Anna in terms of ideas. He's in charge of the European titles, so it will be less painful this process, he will keep the glamour. He is into celebs like Wintour, but as I said, he don't forget fashion. For good or bad, only time will tells what's next. In other hand, somebody from CN should apologizes for the 4 years of Farneti.

This cover is amazing! Everything is perfect. The image is striking, the logo is the right color, and the the text is simple and effective. What a great comeback for the magazine. They just took the bar and raised it all the way to the very top. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. They have a lot to to live up to after this!

LMAO! That Nora Desmond drag.

wQfj86ow_o.gif

source: typewriter repairman on tumblr

Glamour. But it saddens me knowing that the Meisel treatment is simply due to British Vogue collab, and won't happen again.

good cover and editorial, now it's time to keep it up with the editing and the rest of the contents...to make a stronger magazine, first issue was bland as jelly...

It looks great. Though I can't help but feel that this was a cover option for the UK edition. Which is why im not jumping for joy.

LMAO! That Nora Desmond drag.

God, you're a scream! LOL.

It's once again caricature. Basically the same bag of tricks she pulled during the Fame Monster era. This time without the teacup.
Nothing pushes the envelope. And unfortunately she's hellbent on reinventing herself every time but she doesn't realise that along with that comes a set of standards. It has to be interesting, refreshing every time. Otherwise she'll be as autopilot as Madonna and her 1001 iterations of mistress Dita.

After Farnetti's reign of terror this was going to be welcomed no matter the outcome. I quite like the cover but again that nude picture is... just the best.

So happy to see the images!! So happy to see the name Steven Meisel back on Vogue Italia. Wow!

So this ed is just in every Vogue edition now??

So this ed is just in every Vogue edition now??

Embarrassing. They should just shut everything down and sell Anna and Edward's magazines overseas. Isn't that what they want?

I hate to admit it, but given the financial state of print magazines, in general, I don't think that sharing editorials, cover subjects, and other content is a bad decision, from a business standpoint.

Of the major titles that still have big circulation numbers, how many people buying the magazine are buying or have ever bought multiple editions with any regularity, if at all? I'd wager it's a very small number, a tiny fraction of overall readership. Your average person picking up a copy of Vogue in the supermarket, train station, or airport because Adele's on the cover or they just need something to flip through likely has no idea (and wouldn't care if they did) that one of the editorials inside is also in British Vogue, Spanish Vogue, and Italian Vogue. A more invested consumer of magazines may know, but will it stop them from purchasing? It didn't stop me, I wanted both covers. I'll certainly be getting British Vogue and Italian Vogue's Gaga covers. I got both Adele covers despite the shared cover subject and a shared editorial inside. I may be *annoyed* that I'll have multiple copies of issues with the same editorial, but my need to own all the Gaga covers outweighs that. Stan behavior. Models in these shared editorials are probably happy that they can add more titles appeared in to their resume and get increased exposure, the magazines save money on production, and if the editorial is half decent, it may be the best thing in the issue, even if it's shared. Another factor (maybe it's a cynical take, but I think it's true) is that magazines are trying to be seen as welcoming diversity and being more inclusive. A large, well-done editorial featuring a couple of Black models, a plus-sized model, etc. that they can all share is a lazy but likely effective shortcut to achieving that goal.

The casual reader probably doesn't bother buying any sort of print magazine any more. As a decades-long magazine fan, I don't bother buying many these days. Many of the Adele or Gaga fans are only buying them during the one month the covers come out.

Cheap subscriptions are keeping the numbers afloat, and that's probably linked more to people's inertia when it comes to cancelling the payment, rather than the compelling content.

And it's not just print. If the future is digital and without borders - someone might get a digital subscription to various editions because they're aware of the reputation of Vogue Italia or Paris - but now they're paying to flick through page after page of exactly the same content, and on a platform where attention spans are ruthless.

At this point, the magazine itself - in either print or digital format - is no longer the point, it's just a legacy product to be churned out as cheaply as possible, in order to keep the Vogue brand alive and in the news, while Conde Nast tries to carve out success on the internet.

It seems we will at least get some original content with this Roversi editorial

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->