Vogue Italia October 2019 : Jaden & Willow Smith by Hugo Comte

Farneti actually producing a cover that’s okay?

I actually like it. I mean Farneti has taken us to ALL TIME LOWS that this looks okay. Take out the fact that its the Smiths, the concept is quite cute. I like that its conceptual. The colors are cute.

the text is still atrocious. Hello Creative Director, ever bothered to leave the universe where you’re at where THIS is glamour?

ALSO, this is off brand!! Where is the poem??? Where are the odd texts?? Nooo (clock it gurl)

I really like the image but it's a bit annoying that it's landscape. Unique for the sake of being unique? That's trying a bit too hard. But other than that, it gets a pass from me.

They listened and gave Hugo Comte a cover! Hell yes!
I would've preferred the image to be positioned normally. Right now its unnnecessarily too edgy.

They listened and gave Hugo Comte a cover!

Right, that was my first thought as well! Lol. We've all been clamouring for a Comte cover, pity it looks like this.

I don't care for the Smith kids, but I think the cover would look great in portrait, and ONLY featuring Willow. She looks very polished and regal despite that Dior look. Even though Jaden is wearing a hoodie (something which you'll only see on closer inspection), his look is a bit meh.
When all is said and done, it's probably the glossiest VI cover in some time. So thumbs up from me.

^ For once I am hoping for multicovers. This one just leaves me cold.

Glad to see Hugo Comte got a cover yay! I wish they didn’t try so hard to be unique and had it rotated normally, then it would’ve been a great cover!

Also I didn’t realize Willow and Jaden Smith were still relevant enough to get a Vogue cover.

This actually makes me laugh... ridiculous :-) Good enough for a poster for a stage show in a posh school :-)

It's actually kind of amazing.
I first thought Willow was some gorgeous new face

I thought it would be trash too judging by the title, but it's okay. Still doesn't feel right giving them a Vogue Italia cover though, even though that doesn't mean much anymore.

fold out cover
vogue.it

The fold-out makes me wonder what Igor Pjörrt, a new photographer, would've done with it. He's got this very romantic way of dealing with moody nautical scenes, similar to the foldout. Still, happy with the cover sans Jaden, and more convinced than ever that it ought to have been in portrait.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excited the Hugo got a cover!

Happy for Hugo! Striking image but not a fan of the landscape.

I knew he would get here eventually! Let’s hope it’s the first of many more.

I have to say, though, I don’t love the image. I know...I’m hard to please.

But Hugo’s other work has been so great and so strong, this just doesn’t feel dynamic enough, unfortunately.

I'm confused about this. I like it and I don't. I love Hugo's style and homage to good old photography but this is weird. It may also be the only time their weird text works on a cover. The siblings are a weird cover choice, although I don't mind it cause they both look good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anka xx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->