Vogue Italia September 2021

I'm at loss for words.

main-qimg-61fe0eb85c4acb6d76ae7acf62b58ccc

tenor

There's a page at the very end of the magazine with Verderi looking back at the last two years in Vogue Italia and the amount of delusion and confidence he has about his ''vision''.... I'm stunned.
It's all in Italian but I'm quoting via Google Translate:
That means he's out too???

That's all the editorials???? you produce 9 covers and give us those editorials?....Verderi letter sounds like a goodbye....a very very very pretentious goodbye.(i hope)

I do liked GB art direction, yes sometimes not super sophisticated but we can take it. He is not pretentious and he respected the legacy. And i understand with new team every one needs to put their stamp on it but Farneti/Verderi? No no no.

I'm at loss for words.

main-qimg-61fe0eb85c4acb6d76ae7acf62b58ccc

tenor

There's a page at the very end of the magazine with Verderi looking back at the last two years in Vogue Italia and the amount of delusion and confidence he has about his ''vision''.... I'm stunned.
It's all in Italian but I'm quoting via Google Translate:

LOL

To be fair to them, fashion is full of deeply delusional people bordering on sociopathic/psychopathic complexes— absolutely convinced they’re the Second Coming/demigod/revolutionary. But it’s just mostly fuelled by an insatiable ego stroked by the brands they’re working for. And funnily— or pathetically enough, delusions of grandeur also infest the nobodies that many of us working in the industry have to suffer. Such a weird profession; it’s really not important in the greater scheme of life— yet its people are so convinced that they and what they do is the equivalent of God’s work. Ever since Christy Turlington confessed that she always felt a tad silly being called a Supermodel— I’ve learned to take fashion and its characters with a grain of salt, as much as I adore it. It’s really the only way to make it through sometimes-- like this most pathetic of era in fashion.)

...and that's it for this month's Elephant Magazine.

And Verderi's letter made me cringe. Good to know that he likes the creative direction
of this magazine...because we don't.

I hope the next EIC (or whoever in charge) will bring back fashion to this magazine. I don't expect another Franca, every editor is unique, but it will be nice a return to glamour. What a waste of VI! He almost last 5 years there. That's a lot of time. Four years of forgettable issues.

First of all, a MAJOR THANK YOU to my love @aracic :heart: for posting this so early (along with Vogue Paris and many other September EXCLUSIVITIES!), which only proves his incredible dedication and commitment to this amazing community, making it even more relevant and exclusive than ever before!

Second, farewell Emanuele Farneti, I'm not gonna miss you! At all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->