Vogue Japan April 2018 : Christy Turlington by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

MDNA

Reaction score

Instagram.com/voguejapan

Last edited by a moderator:
You can’t have Christy Turlington and Inez & Vinoodh in the same sentence and get this HORRIBLE cover.

How dare you?!

When Christy Turlington and Inez & Vinoodh couldn't even save this magazine, that's when you start realizing that this magazine is truly doomed.

I 100% doubt that this was the best shot. The hands are so awkwardly placed. They look contrived. The pose is forced. The styling is atrocious.

Fashion Cycle? With this styling, it feels like a fashion RECYCLE campaign.

It's not a bad cover imo, would work for Vogue Germany, Spain, Mexico, but not for this edition. Can already see how Chanel will deliver the worst covers in the coming months.

If you just focus on the smile, it’s a lovely cover.

Yup, this works for me. The styling is something they go for, and when you have a model with her presence even that garish outfit, and font can't take away from it. Interesting to see I&V shooting their cover. Seems the recent events, might work in their favor.

Thez styling is awful ? what is she even wearing

What a waste

plastic never works for luxury, that's a fact more solid than gravity exists

She's so gorgeous. And for me this works, it's not stunning or anything but plastic seeems to be in so whatever.

I don't think it would be that bad if it weren't for the awful styling. I mean her smile is very charming and attractive, she gives off positive energy, which is nice to see in a cover.

Thez styling is awful ? what is she even wearing

What a waste

Chanel SS18

Vogue

OMG, this magazine is Anna Dello Russo playground.
You see, even when she's not the fashion editor the cover looks bad. The best was Gisele...

I am ALL for seeing the ever-beautiful Christy Turlington on the cover of Vogue by Inez & Vinoodh but it's just so blatant that this was shot before/after the i-D cover shoot. Everything from Christiaan leaving Christy's hair exactly the same and Kabuki doing the same makeup look. They could've at least switched it up slightly!

This is what happens when these huge names don't give a crap... :sigh:...

And as lazy as the efforts are, Christy still looks radiant.

Maybe If the hair had been slicked back in a chignon and the expression had been fierce not smiley? Idk I’m trying to look for ways this mess could’ve been saved.

Plastic never works for luxury.... Or glossy magazine covers!

That said, POP has done okay with Stella in this season Chanel (but did better with Natalia in Loewe plastic a couple of years ago...)

Christy by I&V for both ID and Vogue Japan, with two very different results. Its like everyone on this shoot worked in collusion to make her look as bad as possible and she's just smiling her way through it oblivious to the sabotage lol

The Soul of Christy
Photographer: Inez & Vinoodh
Stylist: Sissy Vian
Hair: Christiaan
Makeup: Kabuki
Manicure: Daria Hardeman
Model: Christy Turlington

Vogue Japan Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads