Vogue Japan August 2018 : Faretta, Joan, Amber & Anna by Luigi & Iango

MDNA

Reaction score

instgaram.com/voguejapan

Last edited by a moderator:
not the issue of all black, but are they going to a funeral?

it should be a multi-cover issue with every model on her own cover, the group shot didn't give their justice

The casting feels so random. How many times will they give Joan a token cover?
Either way, it's a miss. Styling looks far too heavy and dark, and the composition doesn't work.

instagram.com/luigiandiango

That close up of Anna is amazing! It looks like a modern version of Vogue Italia. It's good! The rest is very so so. Amber's solo shot is a copy of Irina's cover. Faretta and Joan blend into the background.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just thinking two days ago that Faretta should get more covers and here we are.
Love the cast but the cover itself leaves me cold. And I feel like I've seen Amber's solo cover before.

The solo covers, especially Amber's feels very Vogue Italia.

Are they still trying to make Faretta happen?

I only like Amber. The rest looks blah.

First time in a long while I've actually liked a picture of Anna Ewers. Faretta has no business being photographed for magazines, she's a non-event in print, the insistence on showing her bare-faced or with a natural look just baffles me since she could really use the extra help.

That Anna Ewers covwr is STUNNING! My goodness my eyes went straight to it. Gorgeous! I need tha in print

I think Amber's got the best solo cover, like the fact that it looks like a classic Meisel portrait. Would get it, but I doubt Vogue Japan will run these shots as actual covers.

That Anna Ewers covwr is STUNNING! My goodness my eyes went straight to it. Gorgeous! I need tha in print

Yep, here for Anna's cover and nothing else. Amber's could pass as "good", but only because of the model subject and not the actual image which looks circa 2005.

Great cover. They should regard to Anna as to industr icon at this point. All these covers, campaigns, beauty and fragrance contracts, and shows for years.

When I read the title, I already knew how it will turn out. And I was right. Luigi & Iango's covers always giving me the Stepford Wives/Plastic Surgery promo vibe LOL

I think Amber's got the best solo cover, like the fact that it looks like a classic Meisel portrait. Would get it, but I doubt Vogue Japan will run these shots as actual covers.

Yeah, I think the only actual newsstands cover is the group one. The rest are inside pages. So weird they keep doing that!!

'Tribute to A Generation'

1-600x441.jpg

Photographers: Luigi & Iango
Models: Amber Valetta, Anna Ewers, Joan Smalls, Faretta
Stylist: Anna Dello Russo

annadellorusso

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->